XIII. Che Ne Dici, Amore

2 Days Later

Zhara POV
"I already know what's going on," I told Marco. We were laying in bed having just finished another round of 'making up for lost time' sex— oh, and birthday sex.

He gave me a weird look.

"What do you mean?"

"The constant sex from when I woke up this morning—at four am— to you giving me head all the way till now... four in the fucking afternoon. I know what you're doing."

"Showing you all the ways I can say I love you?" He gave me a boyish grin that made my heart flutter; it made his usual smoldering and sexy face look adorable.

"Cute," I said, squinting sarcastically.

"Thank you," he yawned. I rolled my eyes.

"I just hope Sofi hasn't cartwheeled off the roof for fun," I said, getting out of bed and wincing when my leg tingled. "Or that Angelo hasn't color coordinated the brick outside."

"Wait," Marco groaned as he leaned over to grab my arm. "Did I say Happy Birthday?"

I frowned.

"Yes, you have." I tried to peel his hand off my forearm, but he pulled me into bed.

"When," he asked, his eyes looking me over seductively.

"This morning...at four," I said through gritted teeth. He couldn't wait till 10?

"I must've forgotten the 'Happy' cause you don't look it right now," he pouted.

"Marco, I'm tired," I whined, shoving my face into his warm chest.

"Then sleep. I don't know where you're in a hurry to go."

"Must I inform you that I haven't seen my kids all day," I said.

"Yes you did," he laughed. I smiled and watched him.

"When?"

"At nine," he mimicked me. "They brought you breakfast." I stared at him blankly, trying to remember.

"Oh my God. I thought I'd dreamt that," I said upon remembering. He pulled the covers up to our shoulders and locked me in his arms, releasing a sigh. I was trapped with my cheek smushed onto his pec. "Marco?"

"Hmm?"

"I know about the surprise party." He stiffened.

"What? How?" He loosened his hold so I could look up to him.

"I'm in the FBI," I laughed. "And I'm not blind."

"And I'm in the Mafia. I think I can hide a plan. Who talked? Sofi, right?" I shook my head 'no' still laughing. He chuckled. "What's so funny? Was it Angelo? Really?"

"No," I groaned, trying pull my arm through. I succeeded and reached up into his hair, pulling out a white confetti. His eyes widened.

"How the—ugh. It was Sofi," he face palmed. "She accidentally set off the popper."

"Your own," I giggled.

"Seriously," he ruffled his hair for anymore. "Were you ditzy?"

"Ditzy? No. Energetic. Yes," I replied, reminiscing about my younger self. "Weirdly, she reminds me of what I imagine Natalia was like." He agreed.