18.

One Direction: Alive

"Hey! It's alright if it makes you feel alive. Don't look back, live your life even if it's only for the night!"

18.

Juliana found herself waking up with that same stupid smile she had slept with yesterday. She hadn't been able to wipe it off her face since it happened. She made up her mind that she wouldn't tag the kiss she shared with Jack as her first kiss; it barely lasted for five seconds and he ended up saying that he felt like he'd been kissing a sister. Yes, technically it was still her first kiss, but it was nothing compared to the kiss she shared with Zayn.

First kisses are supposed to be awkward, and weird and- and gross. Their noses should get in the middle, their teeth get in between; there might be too much tongue or too less tongue. First kisses aren't supposed to be this perfect. Especially not for someone as clueless about those things as Juliana.

She had no idea what she was doing. Hell, she didn't have the slightest idea of what she was supposed to do. But the truth was that she didn't care. She didn't care of the possible outcomes or what she would normally have thought of. The only thing that came to her mind was how she felt... how much she enjoyed it. Which was a fucking lot and truth be told she wouldn't mind it if it happened again...and again... and again.

It was as if she could still feel that fire coursing through her, those electrifying tingles that made her entire body feel alive. Nothing, nothing could describe that particular moment, no words could do justice to dignify it.

But still she couldn't deny the nagging going on at the back of her head, what does he want from this? Why did he take part in it? Is he expecting something more? But most importantly, is this real or is it all a folly? A joke, like the numerous ones life had played on her.

She was a bit nervous to go to college today. With what happened yesterday; frankly, she didn't know how to act around Zayn. Consequently she could come with only one decision: go with the flow.

But things were going pretty smooth so far, she'd just gotten out of modern literature when she saw Jack standing outside. He smiled at her as soon as he saw her, "Hey. I was waiting for you."

She frowned, "Why?"

"I thought that maybe we'd to the report at the dorm instead of going out." Jack suggested.

"What report?" she was utterly confused; not having a clue of what he was talking about.

"It's Friday Jules; we need to do the report."

"Shit! Right. Forgot, okay, your dorm got it." She said monotonously.

"Let's just go there as soon as classes finish and maybe we can just hang out." He suggested.

"Fine." She replied before both of them headed their own ways.

+ + + + +

By now it was a norm that Julie had to go to the cafeteria for lunch, but she still ate faster than the rest and she'd run to the library. Some things never change. When she stepped into the canteen, it was as normal as it usually would be, but it didn't feel quite normal for she'd see him. She felt this weird rush; she couldn't point if it was excitement or fear (probably both).

She silently made her way to the line to gather her tray; after she was done with picking up her lunch, she went to the table where they normally sit on. She paused for a while, Zayn was already there, and so were the Niall, June and Louis. She'd never felt so nervous before, and it wasn't even such a big deal. How would he react? Would he pretend like it never happened? Would he kiss her before everyone? Shit! All the possibilities were driving her nuts.