8.

One Direction: Kiss You

"Oh baby baby don't you know you got what I need, looking so good from your head to your feet."

8.

Finally, Friday.

Jack was anticipating this day for a while now. He was so giddy and excited that today, for a change, he reached seven minutes before the actual time. He placed an order for himself as well as for her and kept waiting for 4pm to come.

And soon enough the door opened allowing Julie to enter at 4:01. She clung to the bag strapped on her right shoulder scanning the café looking for him. She huffed on seeing him folding his arms smiling at her. She walked over to him pulling a chair and lazily slumping over.

"Hello stranger."

"Hey." She seemed uninterested as usual. "So are we set?"

"Why always in a hurry?" he replied her question with his own, "I ordered for you, let's eat first."

"What? Why? I-I'm not hungry." I don't want to waste money on food.

"Well then accompany me, 'cause I'm starving."

"Jack, you can't just do that! I don't wa-"

"Chill Jules, it's okay." Jules... something new...

Why is it that every time someone called her by any name other than 'Juliana' she seemed flabbergasted? Like the mute button was pressed on her.

"Besides, you can't do anything about it now. The waiter's coming with the order." He spoke. She turned around and saw the waiter coming over with a tray.

"Here's your order sir." He said placing the two plates with a burger and chips each (chips: Brit term for French fries). "Enjoy." He said finally walking away.

"So, bon appétit." He said pushing a plate to her.

Believe me, she was starving, she was dying to devour on it. But it didn't feel right. She knew Jack would offer to pay, but she couldn't have him do that. He already paid for her once; it wasn't like her to let anyone else do anything for her. She didn't like it at all.

"Jules, stop over-thinking at just eat."

"I'm not hungry Jack, got a kind of a stomach bug." She lied.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know. What else do you want then?"

"Nothing I'm fine."

"Babe, c'mon. D'you want a chocolate bar or something?"

"I'm allergic to chocolate. So unless you want to choke me and send me in an ambulance, no thank you." That wasn't a lie though.

"Woah! You're allergic to chocolate?" she nodded, "Girl, you haven't lived." She shrugged. "Should I order some soup or something then?" Jack asked again.

"No, ughhh... Jack stop okay? I don't want to eat anything, why don't you get it?"

Just then, at that exact moment, Juliana's stomach chose to do something; it growled. Not too loud, but loud enough for him to hear. God and his stupid sense of humor doing the hocus pocus on Julie. There was a coy grin on his face, "Well your stomach seems to disagree with you."

Her face had turned red in embarrassment, "I just don't want to-"

"Why do you hate me so much?" his question took her off guard.

"I-I don't-"

"Well you clearly do. You are hungry, but you refuse to eat because I'm offering to pay making lame excuses. I'm just being a gentle man and-"