6.

Demi Lovato- Skyscraper

"You can take everything I have; you can break everything I am, like I'm made of glass, like I'm made of paper. Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper."
Trigger Warning: Physical abuse.

6.

"YOU THINK I'LL TOLERATE YOUR SLUTTIESS?" He yelled as soon as he saw her entering. Julie huffed clenching her fist fearing if what is about to happen in a few minutes. Dammit! The previous blue eye had just healed.

"I'm sorry. I had work at the university." She lied, it wasn't entirely a lie. The dorm does lie in schools premises.

"Do you think I give a fuck?" He yelled again, this time storming over to her. "This is an orphanage with rules young lady." He said and grabbed her arms. His fingers were digging her arm, but she wouldn't wince, she couldn't let him see her as weak. He dragged her along until they reached a dark room, her room.

"Stop! Just stop!" she yells, trying to pry her hands away.

"I am not going to let you go so easily after you disobey my rules. Do you hear me?" his voice had an eerie of calmness in it, the type of calmness that tells you something will be going horribly wrong in a matter of seconds.

It scared the hell out of Juliana, but she would not show her fear to him. "You just use dumb excuses to beat me up because I don't f--"

Before she could finish her sentence his hands swiped across her face, shutting her up. The sharp sting she felt at her right cheeks make her eyes water. No, she isn't crying, but damn it burns. And it is sure to leave a mark.

"Don't you dare talk to me that way!" he grabs her by the arm again, pulling her closer.

"Or what? You hit me again? Gee, wonder how that would be." She teases him, laughing non-humorously.

"Shut up!" he yells bashing her back to the nearest wall. "You lowlife bitch! Be grateful that I give you shelter and food!" he grabs her lower jaw pushing her head against the wall.

"Oh please." Her words were muffled, but she keeps speaking, "the only reason I'm here is because Greta wants me to be here. You'd have kicked me out the second I refused to fuck you." Another slap. By now both her cheeks were throbbing, but call her a masochist, she liked the fact that she was getting to his nerves.

"I would never fuck a slut like you." He spat grabbing her throat as he lifted her in air. She started to choke, her face going red as she struggled to breathe.

"Ben! Where are you?" a female voice boomed from a distant part of the house.

"Shit!" he cursed finally letting go.

She fell on the ground with a thump, gasping and coughing for air, filling her lungs desperately. "Go on...." She said between huffs, "Your wife is calling you."

"Shut up!" he spat again, "Coming Greta!" Ben yelled and then turned back to Julie, "You, don't you dare sp-"

"Speak a word to Greta or I'll make it worse. I know the drill." She completed for her looking at him right in the eye.

"You bi-"

"Ben! What's taking so long?"

"Shit! Consider yourself lucky." He said quickly sprinting out.

Juliana hissed in pain as she slowly stood up making her way to the bed. She couldn't close the door, since the other two girls that shared the room weren't here yet. She should have thought about this before saying yes to Zayn. God why does she act so dumb at times!

She had a clue that something like this would happen. Ben would always be looking for excuses to beat Julie up, that's the exact reason why she couldn't get a job either, getting a job meant coming back late, which meant another round of Ben and his sausage-like fingers around her throat.

One more year, one more year and she'd be twenty-one. One more year and she'd be free of this hell-hole. One more year and then, goodbye Ben.

The only reason she hadn't packed her bags and run off to the hills was Greta. She had offered to pay for Juliana's books and lodging and food, Sussex University had provided Julie with a full scholarship, but she still couldn't afford the dorm fees and Greta was actually a decent woman. Normally children would be out of this hellhole once they turn eighteen, but Juliana had dreams, she had aspirations and for that she needed college; for college, she needed money; for money she needed Greta and Greta needed Ben. She was stuck till she finished college. One more year.

Damn! Her cheek hurt!

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The curtain is rising eh??

I am still having my exams, but I had the time to update, so why not?

Wish me luck! Sunday I have Nepali! I suck at Nepali!

Nivi XX