Witches n' Bitches pt. ii

Bee sank into the water and felt it filling her nose before she pushed herself back to the surface again. She saw Nate crouched by the edge of the pool and for some reason started laughing at him.

"Bee, you're drunk. Get out of the pool." He said.

"I've got this, Nate. You can leave." Rue said dryly.

"I'm not talking to you."

"Oh God, stop. You two are no fun." Bee said swimming away from them.

"Let's go." Nate said. "Don't make me come get you."

"She's not going anywhere with you." Rue said. She could tell her friend was getting irritated. "Jules, get out."

Bee felt Jules take her hand and guide her to the edge of the pool. Once she was within Nate's reach he pulled her out by her forearm and held her until she balanced on her feet. She looked up and smiled at him. "Hi."

"I'm taking you home." He said looking at her.

"No, you're not." Rue said as she helped Jules out of the pool.

"It's okay, we're friends." Bee said dismissively.

"Let's go get you a towel." Nate said and took her hand before guiding her back into the house.

"I'll be baaaaack."

Fifteen minutes later she was wrapped in a towel and tucked in the passenger seat of Nate's car.
She didn't understand how she'd gotten there or where they were going. She just knew she had to pee really badly.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Yes." He said. "Why do you have to make things so difficult? Why do I have to pretend like I don't know you in front of other people. I had to stand there and watch that asshole talk to you like that. I wanted to—"

"What guy— Oh. Right."

"And then I had to watch you get into the pool and go get you like I am your fucking chaperone."

"No one asked you to take care of me. I was fine. I am perfectly fine. Wait, where are we going?"

"To my house. I'm not bringing you home like this."

Bee's phone started buzzing against her leg. "Hey?"

"Where are you?" Rue asked on the other side of the line.

"Nate's uh— driving me home. We're here in fact."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, of course."

"You better not wake up in the hospital tomorrow." Bee laughed and then fell quiet when she realized it wasn't a joke.

"I'm fine. I promise."

When they got to Nate's house they went straight to his room. She peed and then sat on the floor next to the toilet for a few minutes minutes in case she threw up.

"Just stick a finger and get it over with." Nate said as he sat behind her and pulled her hair back with his hands.

"You know what? Why don't you just leave?" She asked.

"I can't leave. We're at my house." He said and then heard him let out a quiet laugh. "Come on. Let's get you changed."

He helped her out of her top and skirt and into one of his shirts and boxers. She mumbled something about him seeing her naked but he just laughed and handed her a toothbrush after she was dressed.