The truth about YG - WHY NOT JENLISA pt.2

BLACKPINK MANAGER, LISA'S MANAGER POV (MOST OF THE SITUATIONS IN THIS CHAPTER ARE MADE UP, THIS IS WHAT SOME FANS THINK ABOUT YG ENTERTAINMENT)

Blackpink's Managers continue their business talk in the meeting room...

Lisa's Manager: "Lalisa and Jennie in a relationship?"

BP Manager: "I don't care what they do. If they are lesbian, bisexual, or what. But this must not be a problem for our business. What do you think would happen if such news came out?

Since I've been working with idols for a long time, let me make a point here.

As K-pop's international reach grows and moving to worldwide; we move away from the Korean conservative idea. South Koreans remain uncomfortable with homosexuality. Interaction between idols is like a fantasy, we see this attitude through different eyes from other countries; like a playfully intimate friendship. Instead, internationally, a lot of K-pop fans see close interactions between stars as evidence of genuine relationships. That's why the K-pop industry must look very open-minded to shipping culture. On stage we allow, indeed... we ask them to dance intimately, fake kissing; we encourage them to touch each other in public or gaze into each other's eyes, then step back to show that it was all just play. We let fans imagining relationships between their favorite stars, including homosexual relations; we need to let fans also fantasize about idols being gay. That's Fanservice. But if they come out with any public relationships, our Idols lose their mystique among fans and will make them so disappointed because they can no longer invent ships.

Why we impose strict restrictions such as the dating ban?

We can't let Idols be open about their relationship, and even more about sexuality because they will ruin their career. Our girls are too exposed; they set trends, fashion, life examples and we do business on them!

Lisa's Manager: "As long as people think it's a joke and they're just friends, they're faking romantic interactions; there's no problem. You told it, all Idols acting like this. I mean look at JYP's girls. They are always in lesbian attitudes; perhaps more than ours."

BP Manager: "I don't give a damn about other labels. I'll handle my business. I thought it was just a need for affection. Those four girls living together since their teenage years. With restrictions, pressures, and hard work imposed by the label; they had to support each other. Inevitably they are so close. Lisa and Rosé found themselves far from their family. Lisa still is now. I don't know if it was our fault because we pushed them to interact to please the fans. I don't know what the hell happened between Jennie and Lisa to end up in such a relationship. But it seems it happened. And if these stupid rumors keep catching on, we'll be in trouble.

Lisa is our poster girl; we absolutely cannot allow her to be seen in this way and ruin her image. It has already been difficult to manage Rosé on the issue."

Lisa's Manager: "Chaeyoung? Why?"

BP Manager: "Rosè plays a key role to divert attention from this damn Jenlisa couple; we asked to interact heavily with Lisa. It's nice for fans, they represent the Maknae members."

Lisa's Manager: "I thought that you put someone close to Lisa to give her visibility; considering that on the international level she's the most famous."

BP Manager: "That's true. As well as the fact we use her to keep the ship between Rosè and Lisa active. If they all interact in the same way, kissing and hugging each other, things are not too obvious and weird."  

Lisa's Manager: "So, what's the issue with her?"

BP Manager: "Rosé has confirmed to have some problems with her sexuality."