Unlisted AU

spoilers?? not really, most what i use is all revealed in the first episode

~~~

"Apparently we have to have some mandatory dental crap today," Techno grumbled, eyeing the long line that slinked outside the classroom, his twin Wilbur nodding along with him, equally displeased. "Something about the Global Child Initiative and government working together." He tapped his fingers silently against his desk, staring at the whiteboard while Wilbur shuffled slightly from besides him so that Techno could hear his whispering better.

"Any chance you can take my place?" Wilbur said with a mischievous grin, adjusting his thin-rimmed, circular glasses. Techno's hair was only slightly longer than Wilbur's, so really, the only difference to distinguish between the pair were their glasses, Techno's rectangular and with thicker lenses compared to Wilbur's. Techno chuckled to himself, grinning as widely as his brother.

"I was going to ask you the same thing," Techno told him, devious twinkle in his eye matching Wilbur's. The pair both shared the same disdain for authority, and both relished in the thrill of breaking as many of the absurd rules placed upon them as possible whilst still remaining unpunished. Tricking the school into thinking they had both gotten their procedures was just too good of an opportunity to pass up.

"How about we do a coin toss for it," Techno suggested, already fishing out his coin from the interior of his pocket. "Loser has to have double check-ups. I call heads." Wilbur stared at the coin, scrunching his nose as he considered whether or not to accept the deal.

"Fine, I'll take tails I guess," Wilbur said excitedly, his smile still wide on his face as he did so, eyeing how the GCI lady was now approaching their classroom to gather them for the dental exam. "But make it quick so you have time to get both your exams done." Techno chuckled, tossing the coin in the air before letting it fall onto his hand, slipping his glasses off with a smirk before handing them both to Wilbur.

"You cheated," Wilbur huffed, pocketing Techno's glasses and two-headed coin anyway, shoving the deceiving coin noticeably more aggressively. Techno followed him with a satisfied smirk as Wilbur stood up, making their way out the door and towards the line.

"You never said I couldn't," Techno taunted, causing Wilbur to roll his eyes, copying Techno's smirk as he made his way towards the front of the line, watching his brother slink away to the bathrooms. Wilbur sighed, crossing his arms, the kids in front of him more than welcoming him to take their place, and soon Wilbur found himself next in line.

A blond kid walked out, the last from the previous class, holding his jaw as though it ached from the procedure. He was a year or two below Wilbur and Techno, blue eyes meeting with Wilbur's briefly before his attention was taken elsewhere, towards a brown-haired boy that seemed waited for him so they could walk back to class together. Wilbur sighed as he was called up next, giving the spot where Techno vanished one last glance before slipping inside.

"This is going to hurt a bit," The GCI lady told him reassuringly, Wilbur grunting as the dentist prompted him to open his mouth. The lady went on about something else, but Wilbur couldn't care less, wincing when the dentist did whatever it was to his mouth with that strange injector, causing him to splutter when the procedure was over. The lady thanked him for his cooperation, and Wilbur merely nodded, grumbling as he exited the room.

The kids from before were gone, Wilbur noticed, although why he even bothered remembering them was beyond him. He walked behind the wall his brother slipped behind, noticing the boy's absence, smirking as he switched his glasses, shoving his own deep into his pocket as he placed Techno's heavy ones on his nose. Wilbur really couldn't believe he was doing this twice, seeing as how his jaw hurt like a son of a bitch after just one treatment. Techno was going to owe him so much for this one.