Rewind

almost ten k words, i cri

~~~

Tommy woke up with a yawn.

He was feeling oddly stiff yet well-rested, which was odd seeing as how he had gone to bed long past midnight last night. With groggy eyes, his gaze wandered to his alarm, its bright red numbers managing to wake him up: 8:48. He cursed, tossing his sheets off of him as he started throwing his clothes on him in a haphazard mess, school starting in a mere fifteen minutes. He could have sworn he set his alarm last night, but of course he didn't, and know he was sure to be late, but at least he'd probably manage to make it to second period.

Not bothering to brush his hair or teeth, Tommy stampeded downstairs, ripping his bag off the floor, neither knowing or caring if he was forgetting anything. He was hungry, but he'd rather at least try to get to class on time than get told off, so he merely gazed longingly at the kitchen pantry before continuing his dash to the door. Or would have.

"Tom?" Came his mother's voice from the living room, and turning around he could see her sat casually on the couch watching the morning news, coffee in hand. "What are you doing?" Tommy's brows furrowed as he gazed at her, still casually dressed in her pajamas, not seeming concerned in the slightest that Tommy was most definitely late.

"Why aren't you at work?" Tommy asked abruptly instead of answering, just as confused as she was. His mother tilted her head, clearly not quite understanding why Tommy was asking. It was a fair point though, seeing as how she had yesterday off and today was Monday. His gaze drifted to where his father was coming to join them in the living room, just as relaxed as his mother.

"You want me gone that badly?" His mother joked, giving Tommy one more look over before turning her attention back to the TV, which had switched to a warning about some suspected criminal. For some reason unbeknownst to Tommy, his mother was fascinated with that stuff, but he paid it no mind, instead listening as the weather began to play.

"No, no, of course not," Tommy mumbled in response, running a hand through his disheveled hair when the weatherman started going about the forecast for the day. It was... The same prediction as yesterday, with the same stupid joke as well. His mother hummed in playful disbelief while his father prepared breakfast, pancakes, what they always had on Sundays, even though they had them yesterday as well. Tommy frowned, letting his bag slide back into a pathetic heap onto the ground by the door.

"You alright Tom?" His father asked, giving his attire a curious glance, but said nothing more about it. Tommy nodded, excusing himself as he made his way back upstairs silently, thoughts running wild in his head. He exhaled deeply when he shut the door to his room, preparing to change into his more casual clothes for home. His brows remained narrowed and frown evident as he thought in mild disbelief.

He could have sworn today was Monday, but he was obviously mistaken. There was no doubt today was Sunday, so why did it feel as though yesterday was Sunday as well? It was all a tad bit worrisome, but Tommy decided not to pay it much more mind, eventually determining that he had simply mistaken his days, the strange coincidences from yesterday and the odd feeling of deja vu he felt throughout the entire day unimportant.

After all, anything else would surely be crazy.

~~~

Tommy woke up with a yawn.

He was feeling oddly stiff yet well-rested, which was odd seeing as how he had gone to bed long past midnight last night. With groggy eyes, his gaze wandered to his alarm, its bright red numbers managing to wake him up. He cursed, tossing his sheets off of him, in a panic when he realized he was late. But he paused, taking a moment to glance at the time on the clock.