Royalty AU

EDIT: decided to merge the two parts into one chapter bc i hated the formatting

anyone that wants to use this au or any of my other ones that i dont specifically say 'hey im continuing this' is totally free to do so btw

~~~

Tommy had always found himself in his brothers' shadows.

The eldest was Philza, not only raised as the heir to the throne and quite clearly the favorite, but an excellent warrior and tactician, and an even better diplomat. After their father's death and Phil's coronation, no one was surprised by the realm of prosperity that he brought, as well as his advances towards peace with neighboring kingdoms. So far, he was succeeding.

The second eldest was Wilbur, clearly the most talented of the lot. Not only was he understandably the handsomest, but his voice and music were both absolutely heavenly. His songs were both written and played by himself, and while he dabbled in poetry and piano, his true passion was his guitar. Unsurprisingly, he was loved by almost everyone.

The third was Techno, and even though he practically grew up alongside Wilbur, had a completely different set of talents. He was undoubtedly the best warrior and swordsmen among them, and an even better strategist than Phil, surpassing all of them with his intelligence and swordsmanship. He was probably one of the best warriors in the kingdom, and it was certain he'd be the greatest given enough time.

And then there was Tommy. As the youngest, he didn't have nearly as much attention nor responsibility as his brothers. He was no peacemaker, his voice sounded like absolute shit, not to mention how horridly his playing was. Perhaps his swordsmanship could be counted as alright, but compared to Techno, it hardly mattered. He tried so many other things to try and make himself stand out, like drawing, writing, gardening, even cartography. He was trash at all of them. So far his defining trait amidst his brother was his boisterous persona, his talents covered by their long shadows. He couldn't be mad at them for that though, not when they already did so many other things to piss him off.

"Let me use your sword, Techno," Tommy grumbled, throwing a pebble from his pockets at the pink-haired man. "Just for today. Come on, you promised." Techno stopped his rapid walking through the lengthy hallway to turn and face the boy running up to him.

"I said if you stopped pestering me about training you," Techno huffed, obviously reluctant to have his brother following him, yet allowed it, slowing down for them to walk at a comfortable pace together.

"But-!" Tommy cut his whining short, biting his tongue instead. "Whatever big man, I'll get your shit sword soon enough anyway." This earned a smirk from Techno, reaching a distracted hand to ruffle Tommy's hair while he remained huffing in place.

"See ya tonight nerd," Techno chuckled, giving him a light, playful shove before hurrying to wherever it was he was in such a rush to be. Most likely yet another meeting with Philza and the generals based off his attire. A sigh escaped Tommy's lips after Techno finally turned the corner, posture deflating as he made his way back to his room. The halls were long and stretched on much longer than they needed to be, and were usually quite empty, seeing as how Philza found no need of hosting nearly as many parties as their father. He passed only a few servants and guards making their way from their shifts, but otherwise, walked alone, as he found he usually did.

Eventually he finally found his room, shutting the large ebony doors behind him. He probably should be studying around now, but why bother, when Techno and Philza had already been top of their class. As far as Tommy was concerned, if he did alright and got the important bits, his tutor wouldn't get on his case. So he instead made his way to his bed, reaching impatient hands underneath it to grab the garments he'd unceremoniously shoved there last week. The rough cloth met with his hands, and he smiled.