•5•

༻࿇༺

༻࿇༺

We left the inventing room, heading through another corridor. "Without the boat, we'll have to move double time just to keep on schedule. There's far to much too see." Wonka said.

"Mr. Wonka?" Charlie asked. "Yeah?" "Why did you decide to let people in?" Charlie questioned. "Well, so they could see the factory, of course." Wonka said. "But, why now? And, why only five?" Charlie asked. "What's the special prize, and who gets it?" Mike asked. I watched him out of the corner of my eye.

"The best kind of prize is a sur-prise." Wonka chuckled. Next thing I knew, Veruca was shoving Charlie behind her, and standing beside Mike, and Mr. Wonka.

I glared at her. "Will Violet always be a blueberry?" Veruca asked, grinning. "No. Maybe. I don't know. But that's what you get from chewing gum all day. It's just disgusting." Wonka said.

"If you hate gum so much, why do you make it?" Mike asked. I sighed, here we go again. "Once again, you really shouldn't mumble, cause it's really starting to bum me out." Wonka said.

"Can you remember the first candy you ever ate?" Charlie asked. "No." Wonka said, and he went silent. I looked at him concerned. "I'm sorry, I was having a flashback." Wonka suddenly said. "I see." Mr. Salt said, pulling his daughter away from Mr. Wonka.

"These flashbacks happen often?" Mr. Teavee asked. "Increasingly today." Wonka smiled, as we reached a room called 'Nut Sorting Room'.

Mr. Salt handed Wonka a business card, which Wonka took and immediately throw behind his shoulder. Mr. Teavee watched the card fall as Wonka threw it away and I chuckled because that look kinda funny.

"Ah, this is a room I know all about. For you see, Mr. Wonka, I, myself, am in the nut business."

"Are you using the Harvermax four thousand to do your sorting?" Mr. Salt asked. "No... You're really weird." Willy Wonka laughed. We entered the room, stepping onto a rectangular balcony, with a fence all the way around it. A step of shirs was connected to the gate, on the fence.

The stairs led down to large blue, and white round room, with big hole in the middle. Connected to the walls of room were tables, without legs, in front of the tables, were many, many stools, with small, creatures on it.

"Squirrels!" Veruca said, excitedly. "Yeah. Squirrels. These squirrels are specifically trained to get the nuts out of shells." Wonka said, as I noticed the squirrels were cracking open nuts. "You use squirrels? Why not use Oompa Loompas?" Mr. Salt asked.

"Becuase, only squirrels can get the whole walnut out almost every single time. You see how they tap each one with their little knuckles to make sure it's not bad? Oh, look. Look, I think that one's got a bad nut." Wonka pointed to one of the closest squirrels. The squirrel chucked the nut into the hole.

"Daddy, I want a squirrel! Get me one of those squirrels! I want one." Veruca said to her father. "Veruca, dear, you have many marvelous pets." Mr. Salt said, and Wonka smiled.