Chapter 7: A Night To Remember

Kyouka stared down at her phone with her heart beating out of her chest. She had really asked him out on a date, it was a bit unexpected of her to just jump into something like this, but perhaps the USJ incident had put her on an adrenaline high and boosted her confidence even if just a little. Though now she was seriously starting to regret it.

She glanced up and down from their designated meeting spot to her phone, hoping to get some sort of indication that he was nearby. Was he standing her up, or just stupidly late? Granted, it was only like 10 minutes, but still! He should be here by now!

"So what're we looking at?" A voice from behind her spoke, startling her enough to whip her jacks around behind her, attempting to attack her pursuer. Suddenly, she felt her jacks being caught by a familiar pair of hands, and she was swiveled around. She found herself being face to face with Izuku Midoriya, the person she had been waiting on for quite some time now.

"Watch where you're pointing these things, they could hurt somebody y'know?" Izuku said, whilst Kyouka stood in shock at how she didn't even hear the boy approaching. Was she that tuned out of her surroundings that she didn't even realize Izuku sneaking up on her?

"Hey Jirou, Sorry for being late." Izuku stated, releasing the girl's jack with a small smirk gracing his lips. The purplette blushed at his confident smirk, and quickly whipped her head away with an audible "humph". "Oh come on, don't be like that. At least I'm here now, Violet."

"Wh-What did you just call me!? D-Don't address me like I'm your g-girlfriend!" Kyouka stated, her jacks coiling aimlessly in embarrassment. Izuku's smirk widens, his teasing having the effect that he wanted. She really needed to stop giving him so many ways to tease her.

"Oh, why not? You did ask me on a date after all, or would you rather me call you eggplant or something?" Izuku teased, leaning closer to her face as she had turned away. The girl's blush deepened and she was now starting to regret this decision. He was seriously letting this whole "Date" thing get to his head.

"V-Violet's fine... Let's just go, we met up super late and I have no idea what you have planned." Kyouka complains, pulling on the hem of her shirt. Izuku actually takes a look at what she's wearing, causing a bit of a small blush to form on his face.

Kyouka was adorned in a white t-shirt and denim shorts, with a black leather jacket and choker to top it all off. It was fairly warm out, which made it more understandable for her to be wearing shorts, but he'd be lying if seeing her legs wasn't a treat. (Not that he didn't take peeks at her on the daily in school).

Izuku however was actually not wearing his usual casual clothes, instead he was adorned in an olive green button up shirt with black jeans and his trademark red hightops. Nothing fancy, but at least his arms were on display as his sleeves were rolled up. He still was wearing that beanie though.

"Hey... You look really good by the way. Like really good." Izuku said, walking off in a random direction. He was unable to look her in the face and say it directly, but he did his best to keep the sincerity in his tone. He wasn't sure if she had styled her hair differently or something, but she really did look stunning. Maybe it was just seeing her in something other than the UA school uniform for once.

"H-Hey! Wait up, prick!" Kyouka shouts, jogging lightly to catch up to the boy's stride. She had completely overlooked his compliment and tunnel visioned on the fact that he just started walking without even so much as a heads up. Sometimes in moments like these she really wonders what this green-haired bastard is thinking.

What's going on in the mind of Izuku Midoriya?

A question asked by many, but only one girl really let it fester in the back of her mind like now. Sometimes his gaze would turn distant and he'd stare off in a random direction as if he was thinking heavily about something, especially at certain locations in their little walk around the city.