Hiding feelings

She is so close to me. "I made a promise to keep you safe Ilana I intend to keep it no matter the circumstance no matter what happens." I give her a side glance " I'll protect you from anyone or anything...til my dying breath."

She smiles at me and gives me a hug before laying down to go to sleep. I want to tell her so badly how I feel but I don't know if I can the last thing I need is to drag her into my chaotic world. I never wanted to come her to be her gaurd we butt heads so much with our clashing personalities yet as the time passes I became more and more fond of her. I lay back staring at the ceiling. No matter what I just want her to be happy. I close my eyes and fade out into dream land.

In my dream I see Ilana adorned with a beautiful white dress as she reaches a hand out to me. I take it and pull her in close. We start to dance spinning around and around across the floor. I remember back to the night we danced together the stupid hat I wore that she seemed to love. She lays her head against my chest and I look down at her smiling. There was no denying I had fallen madly in love with her. We danced and danced when I pull her in close as we are about to kiss the dream ends.

I wake up and grumble to myself I look down and see Ilana cuddled against my chest. I guess I was warm she had such a small frame no wonder she got cold so easily. Her eyes flutter open and she looks up at me we both start to blush and separate ourselfs. Struggling to find the words to to say we stutter in embarrassment.

"Umm I should I should go get dressed yeah." She smiles before bumping into the door way on the way out. She shuts the door behind her and I'm left smiling like an idiot. I shake it off she's too good for me I can't fall in love with her. But man was it too late for that.

Ilana POV
I wake up to a warm feeling looking up I see Lance staring down at me when I notice where I am. I guess we both got embarrassment tripping on the words to say. "I should go now" I quickly say as I turn around bumping into the door as I do. I close the door and stand against it for a moment my heart fluttering. No one has ever looked at me that way before I thought. He's always given me this safe feeling but lately it has been changing what was this feeling. He had grown a bit different the past few months sneaking off odd mood swings and.... a roaring. I shake my head it has to be a boy thing. I go back to my room and get ready for the day.