Saving Ilana

My heart sinks as I see the ship staring to take off.

"Not my Ilana!" I yell

Leaping onto the ship I summon my trident I see the Muculox and plung it through through the window impaling it as it goes limp. The ship starts going down I grab Ilana and hold her in Manus's arms protecting her from the impact. We crash to the ground and I lay her down against a tree before deactivating Manus. Octus finds us and rushes over her breathing is shallow.

Through her translucent chest we see her heart start to slow down and then stop. "No!" I sob "Octus do something!" I yell.

"Lance there is nothing more we can do." He says his tone grim.

I snap aroung and lift him up roaring in his face about to tear him apart for not trying. I start to groan when he stops me

"Lance look!"

I turn around still enraged when I see Ilanas heart start beating again. I rush over to her as I see her start to revert back to normal. I take off my sweater and cover her naked body.

Her eyes flutter open and I pull her in.

"Dont ever do that to us again." I yell

"Lance you can let go now your hurting me." She says smiling

I let her go and blush I'm just happy to see she is ok.

"Ilana I..." I stop "Augh' I groan clutching my stomach.

"Lance whats wrong!" she asks

"Nothing I groan just got hit pretty good by that aligator" I lied "Octus take Ilana home Ill catch up ok."

I see them both get farther and farther away. I stumple through the swamp. I stare down at my hands as they start to reshape thick black claws growing as my hands extend.

"I need to get further away" I tell myself.

I get an unbarable ringing in my head as I grab it in hopes for some relief from the ungodly noise. I let out a yell as I'm brought to my hands and knees. Im panting as I watch the sweat drip from my face to the ground. Drool pouring from my mouth as I feel it start to break and extend my teeth growing sharper and sharper. Fur starts to cover my body as I let out another roar before collapsing fading out into the darkness. The beast won.