Ron's Pizzeria

"Hurry! We're already 10 minutes."

Star and Janna walked down the street in a hurry. After coming back to Echo Creek for the holidays, they decided to chow down at the new pizza place called "Ron's Pizzeria." It was nice to be back, so many memories were made in this small town and it filled their hearts with nostalgia.

"Aren't you excited to see the guys again," Star asked, wrapping her arms around her body as tight as she could.

"Pfft, I'm anything but excited. Plus it's only been a week not a year," Janna replied. She would do anything to be at home wrapped in her blankets than outside in the freezing cold.

They had decided collectively that they should leave their university for winter break a week after finals. That way, they would have enough time to pack and do last minute things.

However, Marco got a call from his father about a family emergency and had to leave right after finals to make a trip to Mexico in time. They just got back from Mexico at the same time the girls came back to Echo Creek so it was a perfect time to meet up again.

"What? I can't miss my boyfriend? Jeez Janna, you really are Tom-deprived," she mocked as they got closer to their venue.

"What?"

"We haven't seen Tom for almost a year since he started practice to rule the Underworld. Don't tell me you don't miss him."

"Well, I don't."

"C'mon, not even a little?"

"Nope."

Star was a little shocked. Yeah they've had their differences but they should be over it by now. She wondered if Tom was the same.

Once they reached the restaurant, they opened the door, being blessed with the warm environment and delicious smell of garlic bread that filled the air. Star looked overhead, searching for their companions in the crowded building. She spotted the back of a red hoodie at the other side of the restaurant and a pair of horns next to him, knowing she had found her targets.

She nudged Janna on her side to follow, letting her know she had found them. Star approached them slowly, preparing a sneak attack. Once right behind Marco, she counted to three before tightly wrapping her arms around her boyfriend.

"Marco!" Her shout caught the attention of those around them who quickly went back to what they were doing.

Janna rolled her eyes but smirked at her friend's antics.

"Jeez Star, you're gonna give me a heart attack one day," Marco said, hugging her bad just as time.

"Hey Janna."

"Sup."

She let go of the hug, turning toward Tom giving him her greetings as well. "Tom, it's been ages! How've you been almost ruler of the Underworld?"

"Hey Starship, good to see you. Honestly, I'm just glad I can get a break now." Tom grew into quite the handsome man. Being the tallest in the group, he had a muscular build while being slim at the same time. His hair was still the same salmon color but more messy per say and he had a bit of stubble on his chin.

Janna couldn't help but stare catching the attention of Tom.

"Hey Janna, you miss me?" He teased, walking her way.

"Tsk, you wish. Now move, I'm starving," she stepped around him to get to her seat...right across from him.

He sat back in his seat as well. "You know, you actually look nice today, very surprising."

"And you still look like dog shit," she retorted back, picking up the menu.

"Ouch."

__

"Imma go use the restroom, be right back," Janna said. She stood up and walked toward the back of the restaurant. Instead of heading toward the restroom, she exited out of a door that led to the building's outside roof. She was hit with a breeze of wind opening the door, blowing her hair everywhere.

She leaned against the metal fence of the rooftop, gazing at the night sky of Echo Creek. She looked below at the ongoing pedestrians.

If I drop a penny from up here, would it crack someone's skull?

"You probably shouldn't do what I think you're thinking about."

She mocked him in response as he walked toward Janna. At a staggering height, he stood right behind her. In an instant, he wrapped his arms around her waist and laid his chin on her head.

"Get off of me Tom," she said.

"No, I miss holding you. It's been like what, 3 weeks since I visited."

"Don't get cheesy with me." She let him be, enjoying the warmth he brought with him.

He turned her around, carefully planting his soft lips on hers. They parted after a while, Janna getting flustered as she usually would whenever they kissed.

"You look cute when you blush, y'know that?"

"Shut up."

They went back into their original position, enjoying each other's company.

"So should we let them know?"

"...Nah."

Just something short before I start school again tomorrow 🤡

P.S. I hate school