Annabeth Chase

Words: 1182 words (not including the Authors Notes and the Time Skips)

Pairing: Annabeth Chase x reader

Summary: There is a game of Capture the Flag. You're on the opposing team as Annabeth. The Athena team is red and the Poseidon team is blue. 

Godly Parent: Hypnos (God of Sleep)

Percy's POV

I just finished asking the Hypnos cabin to help my team with the game of Capture the Flag in exchange for their turn to clean the Pegasus Stables. Most of the cabin will most likely sleep through the game, but I wanted the help of a very skilled archer, Y/N. Maybe I can get Blackjack and his friends to help me out. I have about ten minutes until I have to go to the Climbing Wall for my session with the satyrs. 

Y/N's POV

I went to the Sword Arena to train for this evenings Capture the Flag game. It was going to be Percy's team against Annabeth's team, as per usual. Percy recruited my cabin for his team, even though I was the only one who was actually gonna play. There was no one else in the Arena, so I decided to practise against some straw dummies with the sword I use when I don't use my bow. I made it during a few classes in the Forge with Nyssa helping me. 

I trained for about an hour, slashing dummies and spilling straw. I was so sweaty I was glad I wore a tank top instead of my Camp Half-Blood t-shirt. I went to my cabin first to get my towel, then headed to the showers. To my disappointment, the water was so cold, I shivered when I stepped in. 

Once I finished, I dried myself off and got dressed. I stepped outside and saw Annabeth. The red marks on her forearms indicated she had just finished playing volleyball. She looked so pretty with her ponytail frazzled and her bangs sticking to her forehead. I caught her eyes gazing in my direction, so I waved. 

Annabeth's POV

I was walking from the volleyball court to the cabins. When I passed the showers, I saw Y/N coming out, their hair still slightly dripping from the glistening water. They looked so effortlessly gorgeous that I felt my cheeks heat up a little. They looked over in my direction and waved, since I'm not a rude piece of trash like Octavian, I waved back. 

They are walking over to me with a bright smile on their face, "Hey Annabeth, how are you?" "I'm doing okay," I responded as I glanced into their beautiful (e/c) eyes, "a little sore from volleyball. How about you?" He glanced to the side, rubbing the back of their neck, "I'm really excited for tonight. Can't wait to win! Hahaha." 

I heard the Conch Shell sound out to signal that it was time for supper. We looked at each other and started to walk towards the Dining Pavilion, talking and exchanging witty remarks on the way. Once we got to the Pavilion, we spilt up and went to our different tables. They walked to the Hypnos Table and I went to the Athena Table. 

°°°°°°°°°°°time skip brought to you by...JASON, DUCK! THERE'S A BRICK°°°°°°°°°° 

I lead my team to our side of the forest and placed our flag in a small clearing so it could clearly be seen as that was one of the rules. I assigned everyone to their posts in the hope that my strategy could win the game. 

Once both teams were ready, Chiron blew the horn and both teams rushed towards the opposing side. I was stationed on offence, so my job was to try to obtain the Poseidon team's flag with a few of my teammates and siblings. I hope I don't see Y/N. If I do, I'll get too distracted by their beautiful (e/c) eyes and their (s/c) complexion... 'Focus Annabeth!' 

When we were about five minutes into the game, I was alone, hiding in some bushes, watching the two guards that were stationed in front of the flag. My teammates were supposed to cause a diversion and draw the guards away.  I heard a twig snap behind me and I snapped my head to look behind me, but I didn't see anything so I assumed it was a squirrel or something like that. 

I turned back to the flag to see that the guards had been drawn away. I slowly stood up, glancing around cautiously. Suddenly I was pulled down and pinned on the ground. I glanced up and found my biggest distraction.

Y/N's POV

"Trying to steal my flag, huh?" Y/N smirked. I smiled as I saw she was staring, "I'd let you, but I want to win." With that, I tap her forehead and she falls asleep. As I lay her down in a soft patch of grass, I whisper softly in her ear, "Sweet dreams." 

I take up the position of guarding the flag, 'I'm gonna kill those guys when this game is over.'  I stood there for another ten minutes, fending off  the red team. Then, I heard yelling coming closer and closer. Percy and Jason were running towards me, holding the grey Athena flag. 

I was smiling until I heard some rustling in the bushes that I had placed Annabeth. I panicked and glanced back to Percy and Jason, then back to Annabeth's direction. I decided that Jason and Percy were capable of winning by themselves. I ran over to the bushes and looked for Annabeth, going in the direction of the rustling. I got my sword out and stalked out of the bushes. 

Thankfully, I found her just waking up and not in danger at all. "Hey Sleeping Beauty, how was your nap?" I welcomed back to consciousness while holding out my hand for her to grab. I saw her blush lightly and she grabbed my hand. I pulled her up and dragged her back to my teams base. 

I could hear cheering and I hoped it was in my favour. I stepped into the clearing where we had placed our flag and I was immediately ambushed by a large mass. As I got my bearings, I realized it was Percy, he was hugging me quite tightly. I couldn't tell why, so I peaked around his bulky shoulder. 

I saw Jason holding the grey flag and Chiron patting his shoulder. The blue team was jumping around while the red team, or more specifically the Ares cabin, were stomping their feet and pouting on the sidelines. I smiled so proudly that Percy was still latched onto me, until I felt a tug on my hand. I looked over my shoulder to see Annabeth still holding onto my hand, a grumpy look on her stunning face. 

I shoved Percy off of me and turned fully around to look at Annabeth, grabbing her other hand in mine. "Blondie, will you be my girlfriend?" That caught everyones attention. The entire clearing was silent, even the tree nymphs didn't make a sound. 

I looked deeply into her gorgeous stormy grey eyes and searched for an answer. "Yes." And with that simple word, the forest erupted into cheers, even the Ares cabin was smiling. In all the excitement, I cupped her cheek and leaned forward. She leant forward and met me in the middle, her soft lips melting into mine perfectly. All the sound was drowned out by pure bliss. 

A/N: Omg I am so sorry for not posting for over a month, I got writers block. It sucks so much. I hope you liked it, I worked really hard perfecting it.