CHATPER NINETEEN

WAYNE'S POV

I was awaken by the sun hitting on my face when I saw a two figures infront.

I closed my eyes thinking that it was a dream but when I opened them they were already near me.

"Hey bro, we thought you're dead already"...said Lucas.

"What happened bro?"....Crane suddenly asked. "Ask later, I have a headache"...I said making them stop asking ne such question.

"By the way, who is she?"....Lucas asked. "Who?"...I curiously asked him.

"The girl inside here earlier, she even told us to tell you that she left already"...he explained.

Sarah?

"Oh....She's the girl"....I said leaving them curious about what I said.

"I mean who exactly?"

"She's the girl you dared me to date and the Stone Witch I'm telling you"...I said.

"What?!"....they were looking at me, shocked at what I said.

"Pfftt! Hahaha".....WTF. Did these two just laugh.

I glared at them. "Can't beleive she even brought you here"...Crane said while shooking his head stopping himself from laughing.

"Seriously bro, how did you end up like this?"...he stopped laughing and started to ask me questions.

"I met a sc*mbag last night and even tempt me to fight him so I did but a group of men surrounded in me, they were a gang and beat me up"....I told them what happened.

"Oh...kay, but--were curious, how did you end up with her?"....Lucas asked me.

"Arghh, my head still hurt, I need to rest"....I faked being hurt. I just don't want them to know what happened.

"Hey, Wayne stop with that act, I know something happened tell us"....Crane protested ooppss! I'm doomed.

"It's just a coincidence, I noticed that we were both chased by the same men"....I said I didn't explain any farther.

"Oh...is that all?"....Lucas teased me.

"Argh...let me sleep!"....I irritatingly said and covered myself a blanket.

"Tch! And now you're hiding from us just because of her, Do you like her?"...Crane protested on me.

"What the f**ck are you saying, I don't like her, And she's not even my type"....I answered back.

"Then why the hell are you covering yourself a blanket when we're asking you?"....Lucas teased me again.

From that, I can only gave them a sigh, My body is too weak to arhue with them so I leaned my back to the headboard of the bed.

"Uh huh, I know!"....Crane suddenly said so I looked at him.

"You did something you haven't done before, that's why you're acting like that"....he finally said it.

"Oh...I'm curious 'bout that"....Lucas then gave another teasing expression and I just gave them a glare.

"Shut up and let me sleep"....I said and covered my whole body with a blanket.

Soon I drifted to sleep and I didn't know if those two had already left so I slowly opened my eyes to check and there, an empty room.

I looked at the clock and noticed that it was already 5:00 pm in the afternoon.

I was about to go lie down when I heard the door opens.

I got up and looked at it.

"Mom?"....I said shocked when I see her here. It was just an unbelievable sight for me.

"Son"....she said back. I miss those words coming from her. It's been a while since I heard her say that.

"Are you okay, Do you feel sick?"....she ask but I didn't bother to say anything.

"I never thought you'd come"....I said, and she lowered her head.

"Are you hungry? Here, I prepared something for you".....she said unpacking the food she brought.

"Are you staying mom?"

"I wanted to Wayne, but there is some problem in the pffice so I have to go back, I'm sorry baby"....she said, I knew it when will she have the time for me.

"Okay"....this is the only word I can say infront her, I wanted her to stay but I kept saying "Okay" whenever she had to leave me.

*Phone rings*

"I'm sorry Wayne, I have to go, make sure to eat it okay"....she said while heading out.

After she left all I can do was to stare at the food.

It's like when a memory came to me. A time when dad was still alive.

Because at that time, dad was at work and mom has a lot of time to spend with me.

But when he died, mom didn't last a minute by side, so I grew up alone.

I have a mother but that mother has a lot of responsibility to take on and I can't even tell If I'm stil one of them.

Everyday she'll come home late, whenever I bond with her, It's a phrase that she'll always say.

"I'm sorry baby, I have to go"

But what can I do, I can't even stop her.

As those memories fade away, my eyes began to water  as I stare down on the foods infront of me.

I took the spoon and began eating those. She still is the best cook.

After eating, I walked through the hallways of the hospitals heading out to get some fresh air.

While walking I saw other patients taking some fresh air too.

I was about to reach outside when I suddenly hit something. I was only recovering so my body did not have much strength to get up easily so I remained on the ground.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you"....It was a girl, but can she be more careful? Argh it hurts, my back.

She was about to help me get up when her cap fell on the ground so I took the chance to see her face.

"Sarah?"....I mumbled and she looked shocked seeing me in this situation.

"Wha...What are you doing outside?"....She asked and helped me get up.

"I'm taking some fresh air, and ther you go bumping me"...I said.

"What the hell, after all that, I'm still the one to blame?".....she irritatingly said.

"Well...."

"Shut up, you jerk, go back to your room or else...".....she didn't even finish her sentence, annoying bumper.

"No, I'm taking fresh air here outside, so I'm not going back"....I said and left her there.

"I'm not doing this because I feel pity towards you, I'm doing this just because of your mother"....I said and that stopped me. Really, she's willing to ask anyone to stay by my side just to prioritize her job first?

"You're doing this for my mother?"....I turned to her and asked.

Before answering she walked near me .

"Yes, so shut up and go back to your room"....she said forcing me to go back. Arghh I can't believe this!

"I'm not going back"....I said in final and took a step.

"You're not going back?"...she asked and I turned onto her.

But before I could answer, a strong fist landed on my face, enough to make me sleep.

She punched me?

Did she?

And my eyes shut heavily as my body landed on the ground....

To be continued.........