chapter five • he's not cute. he wants us dead

── he's not cute

── he's not cute. he wants us dead.

۝

TO RAMONA it felt like the group was going in circles, her body felt oddly heavy─ like she was tired, but she wasn't. She blinked, halting her steps and her brothers─ who was still holding her hand, her hand gripped his tighter and she tasted blood in her mouth.

"James─ "

He moved towards her, hands on her cheeks and felt her cold skin, "You're freezing."

She gently knocked his hand away, "Something isn't right."

"What do you mean?" He asks worriedly as an argument picked up behind them

"Something isn't right." Rae repeats, "No one is behind that car. And no one ever was. But─ "

The music of the carousel begins to play, making Rae jump in surprise, dark orbs flying wide as she looked over her brothers shoulder while Damon begin to speak, "And that... that is on a timer. That turned on by itself."

A pounding erupted in the banshee's head and her hand flew to her temple, lightky pressing it as a soft grunt fell from her lips. Worry crossed James features immediately and he opened his mouth but she quickly shook her head, silently telling him to be quiet.

"But your car." Bonnie floundered, the little hope she had was slowly dying out as she weakly gestures backwards

A grian of anger and irriation leaves his mouth, "I left it here in '94."

"And the crossword?" The wutch demands desperately

"You filled it out, Bonnie." He exclaims loudly, making Rae's bottom lip quiver, as much as she didnt want to admit it─ Rae had had hope, hope to go home, "Which means we're alone in my own hell with no Grams escape hatch. We're never getting out." He spat

Bonnie grew visibly frustrated, eyebrows furrowing together, "Give me your ring."

"What?"

"Give me your ring." The witch snatched his hand up and proceeds to try and pull his daylight ring off,

"Bonnie!" Rae exclaims, shocked and terrified as the pounding her head turned into someone playing the goddamn drums on her skull

Her cry is ignored as the Bennett continues to try and take his ring and possibly kill him, "All I've heard you say is that you have no hope and that this is your hell, so if it's so bad, why don't you just end it?"