chapter six • I don't like being mean

── i don't like being mean to people

۝

RAMONA CAREFULLY pulled a tray of cookies from fridge ─ she had set them in there to cool them down. She set it on the counter when Damon came stauntering into the kitchen, a bag of pork rinds in his hands as he stopped next to her. He frowned, furrowing his brows in confusion,

"You're making cookies?" He asked incredulously

She nods, picking up a cookie and checking it over, "They're for Kai." She answers honestly, making Damon guffaw

"Good one, Peaches."

"I'm serious, Puddin'." Rae huffs, biting into the cookie because she was growing nervous, "I feel bad."

Damon gives her a look, "Moni, he tried to kill us."

"I know! But I smacked him in the face!" She exclaimed, frowning, "So I made him cookies... I hope he likes choclate."

"You're too nice."

Damon shakes his head and pulls another pork rind from the bag, he understood how Rae's mind worked. She didn't like getting violent or yelling, she hated yelling and when she got mad and lashed out she immediately felt bad ─ usually baking cookies or brownies to tell them she was sorry. Appearantly that also extended to the crazy guy who tried to murder them.

Damon wasn't gonna judge her, he knew she'd become beside herself if she didnt do something to show her guilt. She wasn't very good with words, so she relied on her other talents; baking, cooking, gift giving, really anything she could use her hands on.

"You know," He began, "Bonnie isn't gonna like that too much." The vampire tsked

"Bonnie knows that I would freak out if I didn't do this.. besides I already asked her if it was okay."

Damon laughs, kissing her temple, "You're too sweet, Peaches."

"Thank you, Puddin'." She smiles and hands him a cookie, "For your understanding."

He smiles in response, gladly taking his cookie before flouncing out of the kitchen as Ramona began to place the cookies onto a plate. Out in the living room, Damon pokes Kai in the chest with a fireplace poker he had picked up, slowly pulling from sleep.

Rae grabbed a napkin, holding it in one hand as she picked up the plate, carefully placing it on another counter and grabbing a small jug of choclate milk from the fridge. Tucking it under her arm, she grabbed the plate once more, walling towards the living room.

" ─ get poker."

Damin blinks, "What?"

"Those are for Damon." She states, gently setting the plate down on the table with slight smile, "You only get the poker." Rae pauses, gesturing to the plate, "And cookies. They're choclate."