26. I'm Sorry

Yeah, is it too late now to say sorry?
Cause I'm missing more than
just your body
Is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?
I'm sorry, yeah
Sorry, yeah
Sorry

When Liam came to look for Yasmin, it was just two days after Simon was looking for her.

       She don't know how he knew that she didn't go on a trip, anyway, no one confided to him, so he found it. When Yasmin was about to go out to meet him, Sabrina, who was sitting on the sofa, said sourly: "This popularity is really not reduced back then..."

       Back then, Yasmin was a famous girl in Yale, so boys chased her one after another.

       In the midsummer night, a gentle wind circulated in the air, blowing on the face, refreshing and cool. "Professor Liam, are you looking for something to do with me so late?"

      Liam smiled irritably, "You are not out there, we are strange enough."

      Seeing her with a sand cloth wrapped around her hand, he grabbed it and asked, "What's wrong with your hand?

      Yasmin glanced toward the window on the second floor, and she saw Sabrina's figure, so she slowly retracted her hand, and replied calmly, "Nothing."

     "Have you quarreled with Mr. Sebastian?"

     "No."

     "Then why are you living here?"

      She sighed: "Professor Liam, I know that you have a deep love for me, but I am a married woman. It won't help if you care about me. Instead of wasting time on an impossible person, why can't you look at the other scenery around you?"

      "In my world, Yasmin Taylor is the only scenery."

      Women's hearts are fragile, especially after being hurt by another man.

      Yasmin did not deny that Liam's words moved her very much, but she was still not shaken: "If there is nothing wrong, I..."

      "Have supper with me, count the last time you owed me."

      She was startled and embarrassed. Pointing to the watch on the wrist: "It's too late, isn't it?"

     "But what should I do? I came to you on an empty stomach, thinking that my luck would not be so bad, and I was rejected every time."

      "Then let's go. If Sabrina come with us it it okay?"

       He shook his head: "I just want to be with you."

       Yasmin was still struggling, Liam had already opened the car door and made a please gesture: "If you refuse today, then I will accept it. The interest is up, and a meal has risen by a multiple of two. If you don't want to accompany me to eat a lot of meals, please pay the debt as soon as possible."

       She sighed helplessly, so she stepped forward and got into the car.

***

       In the past few days, Simon's relationship with his father has eased, but his mood is still very bad. While eating in the evening, his mother deliberately sighed in front of him: "Hey, when the wife is away, it won't taste good, and I don't know when Yasmin will come back."

      The daughter immediately answered, "Mom, don't look forward to it. Maybe my sister-in-law won't come back in this life."

      "What nonsense, your sister-in-law is your brother's wife, where will she go if she doesn't come back?"