45

" Hyung, do you need something to drink ?" Taehyung looks over at a stressed Yoongi, sitting on the chair outside the OT. Jimin has been inside there for quite a few hours. And even though the doctor said not to worry, Yoongi can't help but feel nervous.

They didn't think that their new year would start like this. 

" I'm fine, Tae." 

He finally brings his face up from his hands , looking at Taehyung and Jungkook with his drowsy eyes. 

" You both should go back home. It's pretty late." 2 am, he reads on his watch.

" No hyung. We'd like to stay here." 

Jungkook says, stepping forward towards him. Even though both of them are hella tired, they will not leave their friends alone at such a critical moment in their lives.

Yoongi tries to give them a smile amidst the tense atmosphere. He's thankful to have such great friends.

" Are you Park Jimin's guardian ?" 

One of the nurses came with a report. Yoongi hurries towards her.

She eyes him from head and toe, probably judging his disheveled look. His frizzy hairs sticking out like spines, his oversized sweatshirt hanging loosely on him and his half worn flip flops.

" May I ask how you're related to him ?" 

She's asking him about their relationship ? That's the thing that they never discussed. What should he say ? That they're just friends or should he lie about them being mates ?

" Sir ?" 

She asks again. Yoongi looks at Jungkook and Taehyung for some kind of help but they just shrug their shoulders in response.

" I'm the baby's father." 

This is the first time he puts his claim on the baby. He gulps the lump after saying those words. Was that too awkward ?

" Okay." 

She disappears back into the building after getting Yoongi's signature.

Another hour of stress and tension passes by just like that. There's no news from inside the operation theater.

Is Jimin alright ? Is their baby alright ? He tries to keep his mind in an optimistic state but the negative thoughts can't help but just pop out eventually.

Yoongi wouldn't consider himself as a very religious person. But when the question is about Jimin and their baby he finds himself kneeling to the ground and praying for their well being. He's just asking for the bare minimum.

" Mr Min." 

The glass door finally opens revealing a tired surgeon. The doctor walks upto Yoongi removing the mask from his face. His face is very hard to comprehend. Is it good news or bad ?

" Congratulations, Mr Min." He gave Yoongi a small smile. 

" It's a boy." 

The hallway suddenly goes silent for a second before Jungkook and Taehyung's cheers could be heard in the background , while Yoongi takes his time realizing the information.

" A boy ?" 

He could feel the unknown warmth spreading up in his body. It feels like drinking hot cocoa on a snowy day, it's the exact same warmth you'll feel after returning to your home after a very tiring day.

" Yeah , you're a father now." 

The doctor pats his back, understanding the rollercoaster of emotions he's going through now. He has seen this kind of emotion every time he breaks the good news.

'Father'. He's a father ? He has a little baby that will grow up to look like him and call him dad ? His own blood that'll carry his genes ? 

Before he could say another word a little cry filled up the hallway. It's the prettiest cry Yoongi has ever heard, it feels like music to his ears. It reassures him that his baby boy is healthy and alright. The nurse comes from inside carrying a little baby in her arms.

The baby is covered in baby blue sheets, his face is smaller than even Yoongi's fist.

His eyes are clenched shut as he continues to let out weak wails, his cheeks are puffy. Some red rashes could be seen on his milky white skin but to Yoongi he still looks exquisite.

The nurse congratulates Yoongi before handing the baby over to him. The baby looks so small in Yoongi's arms. His eyes slowly open to look at his father. Wrapped in baby blue sheets, he just looks like an angel. 

Yoongi holds the newborn with his shaky hands. He's smaller than a bag of sugar from the grocers. Tiny toes peek from his blanket, dangling in the winter breeze. His head, a crazy mass of black curls.

This feels like he's hallucinating, there's no way that this all is happening in real life. There's no way he's holding the precious soul in his hands.

He can't believe how tiny new humans are, how vulnerable, how awe inspiring.

Baby's bright brown eyes found Yoongi's and Yoongi couldn't help but smile so big. A smile as sweet as a summer strawberry. Yoongi's filled with love and affection inside and out.

He wants to frame this moment in the wall of his heart. The very first interaction with his little boy. 

Taehyung surges from behind him speaking to the baby in a cute voice. The baby peeked at him with his doe eyes. 

They can't help themselves but coo at the baby's cuteness. His chubby cheeks filled up with sunshine, his tiny eyes staring at the new world, his feets fighting the cold air, everything about him seems so fascinating.

Yoongi has never shed a tear in his whole life. But today was an exception. He let those happy tears flow out effortlessly, he didn't have time to think about anything but just his baby. Just him and his little baby boy.

" Hyung, he's so cute." 

Taehyung shifts his weight from one foot to another, getting impatient to hold the baby himself.

At that moment Yoongi feels a sense of pride gush over him. He finally gets a little taste of what parenthood is like.

" Hello baby." 

Taehyung tries to take him from Yoongi's arms but he doesn't want to let his baby go yet. He wants to spend more time with him.

He watches Jungkook and Taehyung with puffed up cheeks as they continue to cradle the newborn in their arms. 

On noticing the doctor's presence behind him he goes over to him. Bowing to him in respect , thanking him for his work. The doctor replies back with a gentle smile.

" Is Jimin okay ?"

" The anesthesia has still to wear off. But he's perfectly fine otherwise." 

Relief gushes over him. He didn't even notice how his shoulders had been stiff for quite a while , but they finally relaxed after hearing that Jimin is okay.

" We'll transfer him to a room soon. You can visit him there." 

Yoongi bows again, watching the doctor get back to his work.

He can't wait to watch Jimin's reaction. The thought of Jimin's wide smile on seeing their baby just excites him so much. He can't wait to hand over their little boy into Jimin's arms. He never knew a baby could make him feel these kinds of unexplainable emotions.