Five

A/N: I play soccer not basketball ball so I'm sorry if I got stuff wrong.

Toni and Lexa had been at their new school for a little under a month now. In all it had been going well but for Toni she missed their old school and friends. Without meaning to Toni very much took this out on Shelby.

After school we're finally the the tryouts for the basketball team. Lexa and Toni had been waiting a whole 2 weeks for this.

One of the only things Toni really liked about this school was the basket ball program.

Right now the two were sitting in their 8am homeroom class and the tryouts wouldn't be until 3pm.

Toni couldn't sit still, she often found it impossible to wait for things and this was no exception. It also didn't help that for the past week Lexa had been getting very close with Clarke and she always felt like she was being left behind.

Just like right now Clarke and Lexa were talking and laughing right infront of her but she was stuck sitting alone behind.

Well she wasn't completely alone Shelby was next to her trying to make conversation but she was mostly ignoring her.

"Are you even listening to me?" She heard Shelby ask. Toni slowly turned her head drawing her eyes away from Lexa to look at Shelby."Huh."

Shelby sighed and rolled her eyes at Toni. "I said how do you feel about going on school camp?" Shelby repeated. Toni looked at her confused she wasn't even aware they were going on a camp. To be fair she hadn't listened to anything their teacher had told them in this class.

"The school camp we are going on next week..." Shelby said as if it were the most obvious thing ever gesturing towards the board that read; itinerary for camp.

Toni continued to stare at the Texan girl blankly. "Have you even been paying attention?" Shelby asked her.

"I was thinking about the basketball tryouts, I think they're a little more important than camp." Toni replied trying to make her voice sound more annoyed than she felt.

"Oh yeah will you be practicing for those at lunch with Lexa?" Shelby asked. Toni could see Shelby wasn't really interested but looked happy Toni made some conversation with her.

Which it wasn't as if Toni didn't talk to Shelby she just only talked to her when she felt like being spiteful towards someone.

Toni looked back at Lexa and Clarke at Shelby a question. "No Lexa is studying with Clarke I'll either be sitting alone or practicing alone at lunch."

Toni turned back to Shelby noticing how she had pulled a face. "What are you jealous of them?" Toni chuckled smirking at the other girl.

Shelby jerked back at but at the question then laughed a little whilst signing. "No, no I don't get jealous I'm just wondering how they get along so when you seem to hate me so much." Shelby said shaking her head.

"I mean your pretty annoying and you know all 'miss perfect'." Toni said with a mean smile. "I don't really work like that so."

For a moment Shelby looked offended then she put on a fake smile making Toni want to throw up. "Yeah well I don't see your only friend Lexa 'working' with you much lately."

Toni glared at her. "Yeah I see that." Toni mumble knowing she didn't really have anything to come back with at Shelby's remark considering the girl was right.

The bell went signalling the end of homeroom period and Toni got up walking to Lexa knowing they had their next class together.

"Well I'll see you at the basketball tryouts." Shelby said smiling so fakely it hurt Toni. Toni's brown furrowed looking back at Shelby.