Eight

Lexa stood in-front of her mirror fixing her hair she was meant to meet Clarke in like 10 minutes but she knew she'd be late. Even though this was meant to be no big deal Lexa felt like everything about her next interaction with Clarke had to be perfect.

Lexa continued to star into the mirror making small adjustments to her appearance. "Can you leave already you look fine." Toni speculated poking her head around the corner of the door. Lexa looked up and nodded, she quickly grabbed the rest of her things and made her way out of the house deciding it'd be worse to be late.

Lexa walked a few blocks to the corner where her and Clarke had decided to meet. Lexa felt butterfly's zapping around her insides the closer she got. As she approached the meeting place she saw Clarke just a few places away.

Clarke gave her a warm smile. "Hey!" Lexa tried nervously. They met up right in the middle of the corner and stood awkwardly for a moment. Clarke laughed awkwardly before gazing up into Lexa's eyes. "Wanna a walk along to the park." She shrugged and Lexa laughed awkwardly agreeing.

Lexa and Clarke walked along peacefully. Lexa loved being in Clarke's presence, even though they'd only known each other a few months Lexa felt as though Clarke made up a piece of her.

Lexa turned her head to look at Clarke who was looking back at her. Clarke gave her a smiled that warmed her entire body. "I wanna show you a place." Clarke said and picked up the pace of her walk heading towards a heap of trees.

Clarke lead Lexa along the trees down to a small stream. The two followed along the stream amongst all the trees. It was magical, they went at the perfect time when the sun was hitting the water in the right place making it sparkle give the secluded area a magical aura.

The stream became wider and deeper as they walked along. The pair walked for around half an hour passing snippets of conversation getting to know each other further. Finally Clarke came to a stop at a very wide and deep part fo the now river that flowed fast.

Clarke scanned the river a minutes then moved toward the bridge make of rocks. Lexa followed close behind her curious of what their destination was going to be. "Are you alright to cross this." Clarke asked beginning to walk carefully across the rocks. Lexa half nodded and followed.

After only a few steps Lexa slip, her foot almost falling in. Clarke was already at the other side at this point and decided she'd go back and help Lexa. When Clarke got back to Lexa she reached her hand out for Lexa to steady herself with.

They got about halfway before Lexa slipped again Clarke moved her free hand down to Lexa's hip grabbing her before she could fall in.

At the touch everything felt like it stopped they Lexa looked up at Clarke and smiled. Both hearts fluttered and Clarke was Lexa's eyes shift to her lips. Clarke's own eyes moved down to Lexa's lips as she felt one of Lexa's hands move up to balance on her shoulder.

Both girls started to lean in, by now their foreheads were touching. They kept moving closer until their lips almost brushed together. Lexa closed her eyes and felt herself melt into Clarke's grip. Everything about this felt right to both them.

Just as their lips were about to connect Clarke heard something moving around them and snapped her head around to see what it was. This cause them both to stumbled and unfortunately fall into the water.

"Damit, sorry." Clarke apologised. Both girls were now drenched in the waist deep water. Lexa laughed shaking her head. "Don't worry." They sat their a moment it really knowing what to do, yes their were just sitting in a river of water but they had just almost kissed and weren't sure what to do.

Lexa got up slowly they put her hand out to help Clarke. "I should probably get back to Toni and we should dry off." Lexa said motioning to go back the way they came. Clarke agreed and they begun their walk back which wasn't to bad as it was a warm day and they dried on the way.

They made it back to their corner and said their goodbyes Clarke headed back home and Lexa sent Toni a texted asking here she was. At her reply Lexa made her way down to the skate park.

Toni was at the skate park around the corner from their school, she was just practicing in the bowl as their wasn't to many people around and Lexa was out with Clarke.

Toni heard the familiar Texan accent that both made her heart flutter and infuriated her. Toni roller her eyes as she looked around to see her approaching with a group of friends.

Shelby noticed Toni and waved at her, then excused herself from her friends to go over to Toni. "Hey!" She called with a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Just practicing on the bowl," Toni replied "Git no where else to be." Shelby looked around a moment as if expecting to see someone or for something to happen.

"Lexa's not here?" She asked. Toni shook her head. "She's out with Clarke somewhere." Shelby chuckled to herself. Toni's brow furrowed she hadn't realised until now how much she liked Shelbys laugh.

"We gotta stop only hanging out when Clarke and Lexa do." Shelby smiled. Toni was a little taken aback by the comment but then remembered Shelby 'always wanting to friends with an comment with everyone.'

Toni laughed. "Why would you like to hang out by choice?" Toni smiled shyly feeling her heart beat faster. Shelby pulled a weird face for a moment and Toni's stomach dropped as she realised she probably shouldn't have said that.

"No I ah, I just mean that." She stumbled over her words. Suddenly Toni feels a light whack on the back of her head, she quickly spins around to see Lexa standing next to her with the goofiest smile on her face Toni had ever seen.

"How was Clarke?" Shelby asks and Lexa's smile only grew. Toni to laugh at how ridiculous her friend looked. "What'd you have sex with her?" Toni chucked. Lexa punched her arm in response but never denied it.

"Omg you so did." Toni begun to genuinely laugh as Lexa went red. "No but I- we..." Lexa whispered. Toni's eyes widened but before she could say anything Shelby spoke. "Eh I don't mean to be weird or whatever but why would you..." Shelby paused a moment gathering her thoughts. "What'd you mean by, you would have- erh do that with Clarke."

Toni's heart stopped and she looked up to see if Shelby was genuinely asking that. Lexa stood frozen in place then quickly gathered herself and glared at Shelby. "What do you mean I would never." Shelby looked taken aback at the coldness in Lexa's voice. Toni was still stuck in place shocked at the events occurring.

Shelby opened her mouth to say something but Lexa simply raised her hand shutting Shelby up immediately.

"I can have sex with whoever the fuck I want." Lexa spat, Turing away fully ready for this conversation to be over but as she did Shelby found her voice "I'm sorry but am I not allowed to have my own opinions?"

Lexa turned back and took a step closer to Shelby "Not those ones." With that Lexa turned once and for all leaving a very shocked and hurt Toni and Shelby. "Toni I-." Shelby saying her name snapped her out of the daze she had been placed in.

"No, you can't just not except people cause their gay Shelby!" Shelby looked hurt by her harsh words as if she thought Toni would have defended her. "I just... your not are you?" She whispered the question. Toni laughed bitterly biting back the tears. "Yeah, I am actually."

Toni turned and ran after Lexa not caring what Shelby had to say.

A/N: Sorry this is late school just went back and I haven't had time to update but im back lol 😂