Chapter 10

Recap

"No... No we can make it work. They just need to see this side of you. John will be the hardest to convince but we can make it work. I promise." Sherlock leaned in and kissed him gently, but that didn't stop the mass of fireworks from igniting in his chest. Every kiss made Jim feel whole, feel a little less angry with the world.

Sherlock made Jim human again.
--------------------------------------------
Sherlock

So many questions were being asked the second Sherlock walked through the door of 221B. Sherlock almost considered turning around and going back to Jim, but he knew he needed to talk to John first...well John, and Molly, Mycroft, Mrs. Hudson, even George Lestrade.

"What in the bloody hell did you run off to do?!" John shouted. "We were worried sick, Mycroft said he never gave you any work to do."

"John I was on vacation." Sherlock said simply. The room went silent. Apparently the idea of vacationing was far to complex for their small brains to handle. "You know, a vacation. When you go somewhere and don't work. I did that."

"They know what a vacation is brother. What we don't understand is why. And what I don't understand is why you went with him." Mycroft said "him" as if Jim were the devil himself. As if the man had no heart or no feelings whatsoever.

"Wait he went with someone? Who?" Greg asked, and all eyes turned to Sherlock.

"Just..." Sherlock sighed, he had a feeling this wouldn't end well. "Jim Moriarty.."

All hell broke loose.

-------------------------------------------
Jim

The flat never felt so empty before. After dropping off Sherlock, Jim went home. He was expecting a call from Sherl at anytime, to hear about how things went, but Jim wasn't sure he would actually call.

There was still this feeling Jim had, he still didn't believe Sherlock would stick around after they got back. Sherlock has priorities, and Jim Moriarty is not one of them.

Jim sat on the couch in silence for what felt like days, he even started to nod off, but when his phone rang, a surge of energy shot through him, he checked the caller ID:

<3 Sherly <3

Jim answered, "Hey handsome how did it go?" Jim smiled, he wanted to hear his voice again.

The voice that answered back though was not Sherlock. "Listen here you creep. I don't know what you made Sherlock do, but if I ever see you near him again, do not think for one moment that I won't kill you."

It was John.

"I didn't force him to do anything, and if we want to see each other you better believe that we will. Maybe I am a killer, but that doesn't mean I can't care for someone."

"Just stay out of his life." John growled, followed by noise that Jim couldn't make out. The next voice was Sherlock's.

"Jim.." He had been crying. "I'm coming over."

"No."

"Wh-what..?" There was so much confusion in Sherlock's voice.

"I'm not home, i'm on my way to your flat. You deserve to be home, I'll come visit you love." Jim smiled softly, and grabbed his coat. He needed to show John, and anyone else who doubted him, that Jim truly loved Sherlock.

-------------------------------------------
Sherlock

Sherlock sat on his bed, pressing the ice pack to the spot on his cheek where John had hit him. They had argued for over an hour before John lost it. He had hit Sherlock, taken his phone and called Jim. Sherlock then proceeded to knock John out. He wasn't actually sure when everyone else left the flat but it was soon after the arguing had begun.

Sherlock wished he had stayed with Jim forever. Just never returned to 221B. His own best friend hated him now, and his other friends...he didn't know what they thought.

Sherlock closed his eyes for a brief moment, only opening them when Mrs Hudson stepped into the room.

"Sherlock dear...you've got company."

Sherlock sat up. Mrs Hudson and Jim were standing in the doorway, both smiling slightly.

"You aren't going to kick him out?" Sherlock asked Mrs Hudson, he was surprised by her welcoming him in.

"Of course not, you said it yourself, you trust him, so why shouldn't I?" Mrs Hudson smiled, "Now have fun. I'll wake John and bring him downstairs with me." She touched Jim's shoulder gently before leaving the room, leaving Jim and Sherlock to themselves. Jim was holding a large duffle bag over his shoulder.

"You're staying longer than a night?" Sherlock questioned.

"Yep. Now scoot over bed hog, I want to lay down too." Jim set his bag in the corner of the room and slipped under the covers on the bed. Sherlock turned onto his side to face him, and Jim did the same. Their faces were only a few centimeters apart now.

"Who hit you..?" Jim frowned and touched Sherlock's cheek ever so gently.

"John." Sherlock mumbled.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well?" Jim rubbed his thumb over Sherlock's skin.

"Not at all, they hate you." Sherlock could feel tears brimming his eyes, which just made Jim look even more concerned. "This is my fault. You deserve better." Sherlock buried his face in his pillow and let the tears flow. He would never be able to be happy with Jim. Not here.

"Hey..Shh." Jim started to run Sherlock's back. Jim was so gentle, and Sherlock honestly believed he would never hurt him. "We'll work it out, there's always ways around things."

Sherlock wanted to believe it, he really did. But he knew it would never be true.