Chapter 12

Recap

"He's Sherlock. He may not be happy but he would never commit suicide." Jim held back a sob. "He's not dead.. He can't be."

Mycroft's expression turned from something like annoyed to sympathetic. "I didn't realize he meant so much to you."

"I love him." Jim closed his eyes and let the tears fall.

---------------------------------------------
[One year later] Jim

There was something missing at Sherlock's funeral. Jim was still very convinced of that. Not many people were invited, and not many people showed up. The fact that no one got to see his body was even suspicious to Jim.

That was one year ago though. People were starting to avoid Jim again. They told him to move on, he wasn't coming back.

Jim wasn't convinced though.

---------------------------------------------
John

Sherlock's death hit him hard. There were no words to describe the loss he felt for his best friend, and not to mention the undying guilt. John couldn't help but think he caused this. He should have just accepted that Sherlock and Jim were together.

But it was too late for that, Sherlock is gone now, Jim may as well be gone too. His sanity slipped so quickly at the news of Sherlock's death... John wished there was some way to reverse time.

---------------------------------------------
Mycroft

Sherlock was a very unpredictable man. He had his own mindset, and when he wanted to accomplish something there was no means of stopping him.

Mycroft learned quickly its better to take a chance and help his brother sometimes, rather than persuade him otherwise.

But that didn't mean he didn't miss his little brother.

---------------------------------------------
Greg Lestrade

He never new Sherlock as well as he would have liked to, but the admiration he felt towards Sherlock was not lessened in any way by that. The man was a genius! He could solve a case, that would take his guys weeks, in only a few hours.

Sherlock was part of his team, whether he would have agreed to that or not, Greg welcomed him warmly no matter what others said.

---------------------------------------------
Sherlock

Maybe he was wrong to leave... Maybe things would have worked out.
But a whole year?
Who would want him to come back?
They've moved on.
They don't care anymore.