ZhongLumi

„Lumine, I'm here. Can you hear my heart beating? Everything is fine now." Without a warning Zhongli grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug. One of his hands were place on the back of her head, the other hand on her back. His body was warm. Maybe because of all the running he must have done to get here – which probably was also the reason why he was breathing so heavy.

She didn't care. Why did he care about her now? Lumine was confused. Confused because she could not think of a reason for him to be here and for doing what he was doing. He hadn't cared about her before – hadn't cared about her, when he had sent her to fight Childe and later that water monster, whose name she had forgotten by now. After everything that had happened in Liyue, she never wanted to have to interact with him or Childe again – both of them had just been using her and would only mean trouble. So why was Zhongli here? Why did he sound so worried?

With a little bit of strength she had left, she tried to push him away, but failed miserably. Zhongli's grip around her got only stronger. His heart was beating so fast and loud one would fear it would jump out of his chest any minute.

Zhongli was at a loss. He understood that he had done something wrong. He understood by now that his actions had hurt Lumine not only physically but also emotionally. Ever since then he had tried everything to apologize and make it up to her, however he had only made everything worse. One could argue how much it was his responsibility it was that things were the way they were now. However, it was undeniable that he played a significant role in it. He was definitely at fault for her being at her end – not only physically but also mentally.

"Lumine. Please. You don't have to forgive me, but please, please let me... let us help you! I lo... We all love you! I... We don't want to see you get hurt. Please let us help!"

Let me help you!
I love you!
I don't want you to get hurt!
Please let me help you!