XiaoLumi

„What's wrong?" After watching at the sunset in silence for so long, Xiao decided to ask her the question he had on his mind for some time now. Only a few weeks ago he had admitted his feelings for her and confessed. Afterwards they became what humans called a couple. Lumine would come visiting him as often as possible during her journey through the lands and he tried to at least send her some dreams to show her that he was thinking about her and that he was fine.

Whenever Lumine came for a visit they watched the sunset together. It wasn't unusual for them to not say a word during this time, but this time Lumine seemed absentminded and even a little bit sad.
"Nothing. I was just thinking."
"About what?" Tenderly Lumine placed her head on his shoulder.
"I cannot remember much of my home land or of my childhood. But I remember my brother very well. We have been together since we were born and we were holding hands for a long time until it suddenly wasn't appropriate. Together we travelled through worlds and fought enemies – always protecting each other." Even when travelling through many worlds, in the end it always was just them. To them there was no use in making friends, because sooner or later they would leave and never come back. Over the years their home was no longer the place they had been born in, but right next to their twin. Aether was her home and she was his.

"I miss my brother. I miss holding his hand and watching the sun rise and set. I miss travelling with him. I miss my home. At the same time I feel bad, because I've met so many nice people here and made friends... and I have you now. But I would give up everything so Aether and I can be back together with him."
A singly tear fell down. Aether had been her home and only family for so long and now, for the first time she was homesick and felt lonely.
"You shouldn't feel bad about that. I think, it is understandable. He was everything you had until recently. In the many years of my life I lost many people dear to me. People I considered family. People that were my home. Well, I guess, for you it must be even worse, because Aether was your only family for so long, while I at least had always someone to catch me, even when it still hurt."
"Do you dream of those people sometimes?"
"Yes. Not only sometimes. Every night I dream of them. Sometimes those dreams are pleasant, but often they only show me their suffering. Yet, I still am happy to have them, because it shows that I still remember them."
"You fear forgetting them?"
"Yes, I do. Memories is all I have."
"I hope, I can share my memories of this place with Aether soon. I am sure he would love you all!" Lumine let out a deep sigh.

"Lumine, I may not be good at those feelings things and I am sorry that I cannot give you the comfort you need. However, I can be there for you until the end. I will help you find you brother and until then I will hold your hand as much as you want. I won't let go until you want me to."
Softly, Xiao placed a kiss on his girlfriends head. His grip around her hand got tighter. He wished, he could hold her hands forever. He never wanted to let go, but he knew that he had to let go someday.
"Thank you, Xiao."