Guizhong x (abyss) Lumine

„You are truly without fear."
With a soft smile Guizhong turned around.
"Ah, greetings, princess. What brings you here?"
Without a care in the world Guizhong placed the Qingxin she picked into her basket. Some years ago she started picking Qingxin here at the mountain, because it for one had a lot of them and they regrow faster than on other mountains. Ever since then the abyss princess, as she figured out throughout the times, paid her a visit – probably to get her to leave, but Guizhong was too stubborn.

However, by now it seemed as if the abyss princess had stopped trying to get rid of her. At first she would even threat her with violence and one time Guizhong even needed Morax' help to get out of the situation, but nowadays the princess would just asked her in an annoyed voice, why she was here again and tell her to leave – sometimes she also throw in a few empty threats.

Guizhong had to admit she started to like the princess, whose name she did not know.
"The questions should be, what you are doing here, again. How many times do I have to tell you to not come here? It does not matter that you call yourself the goddess of dust, here your powers are worth nothing!"
Yes, she knew. If here powers were worth something here, she wouldn't have needed Morax' help back then. The mountain she was on at the moment was at the boarder of Liyue and therewith close to the abyss. Here the powers of the gods of Teyvat were weakened and the power of the inhabitants of the abyss strengthened.

"Picking Qingxin as always. You know I need them for medicine."
"There are enough mountains and other places for you to pick them. Are you not afraid of losing your life?"
"No. So far I always got back in one piece and alive. So, what about you? Did you miss me?"
"Nonsense! You are in my territory, so of course I have to check out what is going on! You would do me a favor by staying away! Far away!"
With a slight blush on her face the princess crossed her arms and tried to look as annoyed and stern as possible. Very cute!

"Well, the Qingxin regrow faster here and my people suffer greatly from the war. Please have mercy with us."
"Why should I care about your people? It's your war, not mine."
She wasn't wrong.
"Because you are a kind person."
"My people also need medicine made from the Qingxin, so why should I share with you? What if there are no Qingxin left, when we need them. Can your kind pay the price for one of our lives?"
Another point for the princess, but she hadn't taken that many flowers every time. Guizhong had always watched out not to take too many. However, she couldn't know when and how much Qingxin would be needed if one of the princess' people got sick.
"Ah, I am sorry about that. I guess, I forgot about that. Though, I must say, I am surprised that the abyss needs materials from outside."
"If the abyss would be more closed off, as it was years ago, we wouldn't need those flowers, but ever since those riffs show up every now and then, we also catch some unwanted problems."
"I see."

Minutes of silence washed over them. Could they just carry on as usual? Guizhong at least couldn't. She had come here for the flowers and to help her people. Later it also was to meet the abyss princess. But now... Her intention was not to harm anyone.
"Let's make an agreement."
Huh? An agreement?
"Sure. What are the conditions?"
"Only you will be allowed to come here! And you are only allowed to stay for a specific time frame and only take as many flowers are I allow, which can vary."
Sound like the princess didn't like Morax' interference before. To Guizhong both Morax and the princess were quite similar in many aspects, but she knew better than to say it out loud – maybe one day, when it didn't seem as if both wanted to behead the other one right away.
"Alright. Accepted."
Happily Guizhong agreed to the terms, because the conditions weren't anything bad.
"Then, I will be back tomorrow with a written agreement that both of us sign?"
And this way she would finally learn the princess name.

Like a little girl being asked out by her first crush, Guizhong went down the mountain's path. A little jump in her steps and a big smile on her lips.