XiaoLumi

Where was it? How could she lose it? She had to find it!

Her heart was beating fast than ever and her eyes burned like fire. On her way home she had gotten into the heavy storm that had been announced in the news. If it weren't for her precious hair pin, she would sit in her bedroom and be covered by tones of blankets

She didn't know where she should search for her hair pin. Since she did not remember when she lost it, she could not say where she lost it. Now she was already running back and forth between her school and home, hoping to find the hair pin on her way. It must be around here!

Hectically she looked around. The storm must have carried far away by now, but she didn't want to give up so easily. Her tears never stopped falling. "Hey, are you searching for this?" When she took a little break in the middle of the central place, someone approached her from behind. Startled she turned around. Behind her stood a man covered in black. The man was just a little bit taller than her – if she had to guess, she would say he was around her age. Meeting a strange man alone in the dark during a heavy storm was scary enough, nut meeting a strange man with piercing gold eyes alone in the dark during a heady storm was even scarier. She took a few steps back. Wanted to run, but stayed.

In his outstretched hand he offered her the hair pin she was looking for. "Ah, yes. Yes that is what I was looking for. Thank you." Her voice was shacking and so were her hands when she reached for her hair pin. He stayed silent while she took her belonging, only after she finally had it firmly in her hands he said: "It must be really important." "Yes, it is the most important to me." Silence followed her answer. Now that she had what she had searched for, she should say thank you and go home, yet she did not move and neither did the man in front of her. With one hand she wiped away her tears that finally had stopped to pour out.

"It is very important to me, because it is all I have left of my brother. When we were little kids out parents went to a family resort with us once a year. There was a huge garden in which those flowers bloomed. I loved them the second I saw them. When our parents separated us, he gave me this hair pin and promised to write. He never did and I do not have his new address – well, he probably doesn't have mine either. However, I am sure that I will meet him one day and he will recognize me, if I wear the hair pin, so I cannot lose it."

She didn't know, why she told the strange man all of this and it probably was the stupidest thing she had ever done. Maybe she did want to make him understand that the hair pin was something special and that she could not buy it anywhere – too many times had people told her to get a new one or forget it. She would never replace it! "What's your name?" "Lumine." "I am Xiao."

Without another word Xiao turned around and left. Leaving her behind. Lumine's grip around her hair pin got firmer – she feared losing it again. Now it was not just a memory of her brother, but also a memory of her strange meeting with a man named Xiao.