Chapter Twenty One

Once again, I do not own Harry Potter, the Avengers or anything else that pops up

"Peter, have you seen Ginny or Hermione?" Harry asked the morning of the second task.

"Nope, but I'm sure she'll turn up." Peter said calmly.

"How are you so calm? Gwen is also missing."

Peter shrugged.

"I'm not worried."

"You know something, don't you." Harry said.

"My, look at the time. We need to head down to the lake." Peter said standing up. He had no idea what he was going to do for this task. A bubble head charm which was advanced was a good option. But, he then remembered that Fleur failed the task in the books because it could be popped so easily. He could use some sort of transfiguration like Victor used and then there was gillyweed that Dobby gave Harry.

"Let me guess, you're going to wing it." Dean said as they headed down to the lake.

"I have a few options, but they all have their flaws. A bubble head charm can easily be broken. With a transfiguration if something goes wrong, well I'd rather not find out what would happen and with gillyweed it tastes disgusting." Peter sighed.

"Have you ever done a bubble head charm because that's advanced."

"Yeah, tried it a few times and it worked, but that might pop."

"So what are you planning on doing?" Dean inquiried.

"I have no idea."

"So, you're winging."

"Yep, pretty much."

"You're crazy." Dean said, shaking his head.

"I've been called worse."

"Does your suit have anything that can help you under water?"

"That's cheating."

"But, you're allowed to use any means necessary to win." Dean reminded him.

"It's called a secret identity for a reason. What if moldy shorts found out about my alter ego?"

"You have a point."

"I'll figure something out." Peter said once they got to the lake.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Peter said, taking out a box of chocolates.

"What's this for?"

"Hand it out to everyone."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"Ok." Dean said, raising an eyebrow. Peter walked over to where the other champions were.

"Do you have any idea what you're doing?" Harry asked.

"Nope."

"That makes two of us."

Peter reluctantly used a bubble head charm knowing that it could possibly pop. He jumped into the water and began to swim towards the hostages.

When he finally made it to the others he quickly whipped out his wand, blasted the restraints that were holding Gwen down and took off to the surface.

Cedric was the first one out followed by Peter.

Peter climbed out of the water onto the platform and turned to help Gwen. As he did so, the stands were quiet. He looked up to see what was wrong with a sense of deja vu. The sky around them went dark and the wind picked up speed. Peter pulled out his wand, spun around and saw dozens of dementors heading his way. Peter raised his wand not knowing if the spell would actually work.