Chapter Thirty Nine

Wow! Can't believe this story is almost at 20K views!!!! When I first started this story I originally wrote it as a joke and didn't expect it to do this well.

"Mum." Charlie yelled running over to his mother who collapsed into his arms.

"That went well." Peter said sarcastically as Charlie and Percy helped Mrs. Weasley inside.

"I should probably go see how my sister is doing." Gideon said heading for the door, but Bill and the twins blocked his path.

"You've done enough." Bill said shortly.

"Look, William-"

"It's Bill." Bill said, correcting him.

"Since when was it Bill?"

"It always was. You and uncle Fabien were the only ones to call me William." Bill reminded him. Gideon let out a sigh and ran a hand through his long red hair.

"Bill, it's better I had this conversation with my sister now then if I were to have it later."

The moment Gideon entered the Burrow he tried to lighten the mood just like he and Fabien used to do back in the day.

"So, where does a former deceased wizard find a job these days?" He joked. Mrs. Weasley glared at her younger brother.

"You haven't changed one bit. Is everything a joke to you?" She demanded.

"Just trying to defuse the tension." Gideon said uneasily. Mrs. Weasley gave him a strange look. Fabien and Gideon were the original pranking duo. The two were constantly cracking jokes and pranking that their parents had gotten so many letters about the trouble the duo caused. Almost as many as the ones she had received for Fred and George. Mrs. Weasley began to wonder why cracking jokes seemed so foreign to Gideon, a pranking legend. Suddenly realization struck.

"Gideon, was that the first joke you've cracked since Fabien?" Mrs. Weasley asked gently. The look on his face told her everything. Gideon never stopped grieving the loss of his twin and his fiancée.

"Oh, Gideon." Mrs. Weasley said softly, bringing her brother into a hug. Gideon was meant to help the Weasleys with Arthur's death, but that wasn't what was happening here. Gideon, the once joyful prankster broke down into sobs. Tears that he had been holding back for fourteen years streamed down his face.

"They're gone Molly and I wasn't able to do anything to stop it." He cried. Peter stood there awkwardly as he watched Mrs. Weasley try to comfort her brother.

"How did you even find him?" Fred asked, turning to Peter.

"Uh, funny story." Peter said scratching the back of his head.

"If you're going to tell us you have some other wonderful ability, I'm out." George said. Peter shifted on his feet uncomfortably. He finally looked the twins in the eyes.

"You have some other wonderful ability." George said, throwing his hands up in the air.

"I, Uh... my look at the time, dad's going to kill me." Peter said quickly heading for the floo.

"Bye everyone, merry Christmas." Peter said as he grabbed a handful of floo powder.

When he entered Grimmauld Place he found Harry and Draco in the kitchen both glaring at each other while the Dibney twins sat on the other end of the table stuffing their faces with popcorn.

"This is getting intense." Lucas said as he shoved another handful into his mouth.

"Do I even want to know?" Peter asked.