Dream/Clay - Part 2

“How did you do that, Purbear?” Sapnap’s voice booms in your headset as soon as the Dragon starts disintegrating into purple flashes of light and you and Dream are victorious.

“I didn’t even know that was possible!” George joins, as surprised as Sapnap.

You chuckle, feeling your chest finally rest easy, after the stress of the whole Manhunt. There were a few times when you almost died, but you managed to escape the two passionate hunters. Dream has been working with you in a strongly organized team in the first half of the Manhunt, but then, at some point, something changed. He completely ignored you and left you to die at some point, despite that possibly being the ultimate loss for both of you, as the challenge would have ended if you died.

“Dream, are you okay?” you asked during the Manhunt.

“Just focus on finding the stronghold” he shortly ended the conversation.

Thinking and stressing yourself trying to comprehend what you did wrong is basically in vain, so you decide to just go with the flow and celebrate winning the Manhunt.

“You’re one of a kind” George says and you can see his face flush red in the facecam.

You smile, despite him not being able to see you. Sapnap rolls his eyes the moment he hears the soft boy compliment you. It’s obvious he’s impressed with your skills too, but he would never go ahead and praise you like you’re some kind of goddess. He can also feel Dream fuming through his microphone. Sapnap and Dream have been friends for years, there’s no way Sap wouldn’t know when Dream is being silent because he’s angry.

“Thank you, George.” you answer, despite noticing Sapnap’s disapproving look. “You guys are amazing too. We have quite a huge chance to win the MCC!”

Sapnap scoffs and throws a hand through his hair in an arrogant way, as if he is trying to show you how it’s done.

“Of course we’re gonna win. We’re the Dream Team!”

You furrow your brows, wondering if he was only referring to himself, George and Dream or if you were part of the Dream Team he was referring to at this point. You decide not to ask, as to not embarrass yourself.

“Dream, is everything alright?” George finally asks.

He doesn’t answer, despite his mic being turned on. You swear you can actually hear him breathe in and out as everyone awaits his answer. But the answer never comes. George furrows his brows in confusion. Sapnap crosses his hands in front of his chest, nodding his head as if he expected Dream to not say a thing.

“Maybe I overstayed my welcome. I’ll let you guys talk. I had loads of fun, so thanks. Let me know when you want to train together” you say, trying not to sound disappointed or discouraged.

Both Sapnap and George smile now. It feels good to see Sapnap smile too. You had the feeling you were getting on his nerves too.

“We had fun too, Purberry” Sapnap speaks, making you chuckle when you hear his little nickname for you.

“Yeah! You'll see the messages on the Discord channel when we go in for a training” George adds.

After you finally say your goodbyes – without Dream saying a thing – you disconnect. You take off your headset and you finally feel like you’re connected back to the real world. Even though sometimes it feels like the world and the community you found on the internet is more of your real world.

Phone in hand, you go to the kitchen to make yourself dinner. Suddenly, the whole house feels quieter without the voices and the laughter of George, Sapnap and Dream. You didn’t expect the few hours you spent with them to be so entertaining – closing an eye at Dream sudden switch in his behavior.