Chapter 15

Coleen's POV

Bumalik muna ako sa hotel room namin. Ate Abby's still asleep. I opened my laptop na dinala ni Ate Abby and connected it to the hotel's internet.

Nagsearch ako ng current news.

The headlines are:
Farmer Wons Lottery Twice
Health Insurance Companies Corruption
5 Reasons To Date A Girl With An Eating Disorder
Alex Dee Strikes Again
Operation: HTDFF (How To Die For Free) Banned

Hmm Alex Dee?. I never heard about this guy.

[ Alex Dee Strikes Again

20 years ago, a serial killer named Alex Dee, age 19 escaped the New Bilibid Prison. Since then, the fugitive was never caught nor found.

Dee was known to have killed not lower than 100 victims in a year for 4 consecutive years, all are brutally murdered with some of its victims' organs missing. It is reported that these organs are sold in the black market for organ transplants not just within the state but overseas.

This notorious psychopath doesn't just sell organs from its victims to wealthy corrupt individuals or those who highly need it, it is also known for its wide illegal drug transactions.

Because of this information, most people assumed that Dee is also responsible for today's mass murders. In just a month, 213 random individuals including 4 government officials are already recorded dead due to this brutal killings. But there are no reported evidences for this claims and Alex Dee is still nowhere to be found. It could be possible that these are part of the state's terrorists' schemes to put blame on the latter ...]

Geez, the headline is pretty misleading. Well it got me. I just hope this one helps me with the case. I mean this is too much to take in. I couldn't just dive into baseless conclusions, especially because more lives are at sake. Think Coco, think.

So I started researching about who this Alex Dee guy really is. From documentaries and news articles.
..

Cole's POV

Bye. I love you too.

Lagay ko ng phone ko sa bulsa ng pants ko nang biglang nahulog ang wallet ko. Bahagya itong nabuksan.

I miss Mommy. Andito parin ang picture namin sa wallet ko. Kaming apat ni Daddy at ng kapatid ko. Three of us looked so happy, except for Dad who can't even form a simple smile on his face.

FLASHBACK

I'm 15. And my brother Nicholas AKA Nick is 5.

She's fixing my hair when I saw some parts of her body has bruises and cuts while I'm looking at our reflection in the mirror.

"Ma, anong nangyari dyan?." Tanong ko sa kanya.

"Ah ano. W-wala to. I just fell down the stairs. I'm a little clumsy sometimes you know hehe." She said as she forced a smile.

"They don't seem like--"

"You're gonna be late for school. Let's go na?. Go get your brother, I'll just get my coat. Wait for me outside." Sabi lang nito at nauna nang lumabas.

Pero alam kong may kinalaman si Daddy dun. He was hurting her when I'm not looking. I just hope I'm wrong.

Hinatid nya na kami ng kapatid ko sa schools namin. Sinusundo nya rin kami after class sa hapon. Dad never had a time for us since masyado syang busy sa work so si Mommy ang laging andyan. She's the best mother that we can't ask for more.

My mom is a doctor. A surgeon to be exact and she's really great in what she does. Dream kong maging kagaya niya when I grow up kaya nag-aaral akong mabuti. I'm always on top of our class. And I can see how proud my mom was for me and my brother's achievements.

But the unexpected and heart wrenching event happened. The death of Nick. I saw how that really affected Mom. When Nick died, it feels like she lost all the reasons to live.

Hindi na siya pumapasok sa trabaho. She used to exercise like jog and do weights. She's choosing to be miserable and I didn't know what to do about it back then. That's when mom and dad started fighting.

"..how could you be okay about this whole situation?!. Our son just died!. What do you want me to do? Celebrate?! Just like you did?!."

"It was a work matter Sonya! How many times do I have to tell you?!."

"Then at least don't align it with your own child's burial!."

"Alam mo, paulit ulit nalang tayo dito eh!. Pagod nako Sonya. Pagod na pagod nako sayo!. Pagod na pagod nakong intindihin ka!. Look at yourself!. You're miserable!. You don't even go to work!. You act like it's the end of the world!."

"Because it is!. Nick doesn't deserve to die that way!. Nick is the world Rob. Nick is the world."

"You want to be with him?! Fine! Go!. And don't you ever come back!." It's like he's telling her to kill herself.

I hated him since then.

The next day, mom's gone.

EOFB

I'm not even sure if she's still alive today. I just hope she is.