chapter 7

i wake up to ludwig softly shaking me. the light suddenly hits my eyes and i barely keep them open as i see ludwig and hear him say,

"um, andy, could you move, please? you're taking up the whole couch and i really wanna sit here and eat my cereal." i give him just about the worst look i could. with my disheveled hair, furrowed eyebrows, and tightly squeezed eyes, he could see my obvious irritation. i begrudgingly sit up on the couch with blankets laced all around me. he says a soft "thank you" before sitting down and eating his breakfast.

i eventually get up and grab some breakfast for myself. i walk into the pantry and select some whole wheat bread, then i look into the fridge and grab the strawberry smuckers jam, and move over to the toaster. as my two slices of bread are toasting, i reach up into the cupboard above and grab a small plate, and then i turn around and grab a butterknife out of the top drawer. soon the toast escapes its confines and is perfectly toasted on either sides. i smother jam all across the tops and then sit down at the breakfast bar and eat my food in silence.

once im finished eating, more people are coming downstairs. my eyes meet rae.

"morning!" rae exclaimed,

"good morning, my love." i beamed as i take a sip of my freshly brewed orange pekoe tea.

we go on asking how our sleeps were and rae confessed to me that she stayed up late texting my brother last night. i just laughed and then i remembered i had news to tell her,

"oh rae you're never going to believe this?!"

"what- what happened?"

"last night my modelling agent called me and told me i have a shoot with playboy on friday!"

"playboy, are you serious!? you've wanted to shoot with them for so long!"

"yes! that's why i am so excited!" i exclaim.

"i'm so proud of you," rae said as she hugged me. i hold her tightly before letting go. i soon remember that she is going to call me on her three o'clock lunch break. and then i also remember what corpse told me last night,

"maybe you should stay here since vinnie is at an unpredictable place right now. he may want to come over to your apartment, and things could get ugly."

almost as soon as i remember, i excuse myself from the conversation to go and converse with marek.

*ring*

"hello," marek said, groggily. i could sense the tiredness in his voice.

"hi, how are you?"

"tired, you?"

"same... hey, um is it okay if i stay here for a while. corpse suggested last night that it's probably best i stay here since vinnie is very unpredictable right now. is that okay if i just come by and pick my stuff up later and stay here until after the party on friday?"

"yeah, sure. i was actually going to suggest that. i think it's for the best. also, turn off your life360. if he knows where you're at all times, theres no point of you staying there."

"cool, yeah. i'll come over at around 1, okay?"

"okay, bye."

i hang up the phone and walk back into the main room where i'm greeted by corpse and lauren.

"morning," the two say, happily. i snicker under my breath.

"you two seem like you're doing a lot better this morning," rae states, oblivious.

"yeah..." lauren smiles at corpse and he of course returns it.

i laugh at their state and soon grab my overnight bag, hop into the main floor bathroom, and get ready for the day. as i am slipping on my pink shirt and black jeans, i hear a knock at the door.