chapter 10

tw // strong language, traumatising events

the next morning, i wake up to a stinging pain and everyone, except for lauren and corpse, in the kitchen, quietly eating their breakfast. i groan and stretch my limbs as everyone glares at me,

"hey!" sykkuno starts,

"how are you feeling?"

"oh, im okay. it hurts though."

"yeah, it happens," he scratches the back of his neck.

"some of us were thinking of heading out to timmy's, want us to pick you up something?" ludwig asks,

"uh, yeah, could you pick me up a croissant and a hot chocolate?"

"yeah, totally." i smile before i get a sudden jolt of nausea.

i get up and run to the bathroom. getting up too fast certainly did not help my situation as i hold up my hair and vomit into the toilet. lily immediately runs in and holds my hair back.

"th-thank you," i wipe my mouth before leaning back on the wall, panting,

"drank a bit too much?"

"yeah, i think so," i breathe.

a few moments later, i regain myself and walk outside of the bathroom to see no one in the kitchen, or the main floor for that matter.

"they must've left," lily explains,

"yeah."

"okay, i'm going to head upstairs and do my stream, why don't you get yourself some aspirin and a bottle of water, and just sleep for a bit?"

"yeah that sounds good."

i grab the medication and have a seat back on the couch. i sit there and reminisce on the events of last night. i remember everything after vinnie hit me. it was almost like it sobered me, despite how much i drank.

i also remembered corpse, and his role in the course of events. he looked so good, and quite frankly, very attractive punching vinnie's lights out for me last night. i laugh to myself before i then quickly bring to my own attention that we almost kissed. right on this couch. the way his eyes looked into mine. deep and desperately. if it were up to me i would've kissed him right then and there. maybe he wanted to as well. i hope he did.

i hear murmurs coming from upstairs, i listen intently since i know exactly what room its coming from.

"what was last night all about?"

"what do you mean, lauren?"

"i mean, why did you hit her boyfriend? why did hug her, and pick her up like that? you love her don't you, prick?"

"what the fuck are you talking about? i hit him because he fucking deserved it, i picked her up because she couldn't walk, and i don't love her, but youre making it very hard for me to love you right now." the room's silence is deafening. i hear my own heartbeat as i let out a gasp.

i hear gently sobs, and some rustling around the room, before a calm corpse voice telling her that he was sorry. and apologizing over and over again.

"i didn't mean it, im so sorry."

i felt as if that was ingenuine, however. i don't know why, it just sounds ingenuine.

i eventually fall back asleep and awaken once everyone returned, including rae and marek.

"andy are you okay?" marek rushes over.

"yes, yes, im fine." i swatt his concern away with a smile.