Chapter 2- Tony yells(not really yells) at me

2015, "The Avengers: Age of Ultron"

Bryce Russell's POV

What happened while I was gone?

The Avengers refused to tell me, so I broke into Tony Stark's files.

What I found shocked me.

"I go back home for three years, guys..." I muttered to myself. "Three years,"

A lot has happened, including the following:

- SHIELD turned out to be HYDRA infested, so I dropped my job and became employed by Tony Stark as his second in command research assistant.

- There are a couple of new avengers, like War Machine and The Falcon.

- Loki, the guy who attacked New York, is dead(Thor told us the second he got back).

- There's a new trainee in town. I'd never met her because I'd gotten to Avengers Tower literally two days previously and had locked myself up in my room getting caught up the entire time.

- Nick Fury died, then wasn't really dead(this one confused me a lot).

- There's this new "Winter Soldier". I haven't figured out much about him yet, but apparently, he and Steve Rogers were buddies. Until he turned evil or whatever. As I said, I'm still working on that one.

- Something happened with Tony Stark... something about Pepper... something about the Arc Reactor... anyway, what I managed to pull out is that he got the shrapnel in his chest removed, so he doesn't have to wear the arc reactor anymore.

Oh, and-

- Just a day ago, the Avengers succeeded in nabbing Loki's scepter from HYDRA

I'd been researching that most.

Tony's notes were all so interesting. The orb at the top was a mere case for something inside, something like a mind, like a brain... it was all so fascinating that I almost forgot to cover it up when Tony knocked on my door and stepped inside.

"Hey, Hacker, how's it going?" he asked.

"Did you think to wait until I answered the door?" I asked, standing from my desk.

"Your door is wide open," Tony reminded me.

"Er- right. Is there something you need, Tony?"

"You call me 'Mr. Stark' now," he said. "I'm your boss,"

"Sure, Mr. Stark." 

"That's better," he started glancing around my room, touching and reading things on my walls and examining some papers I had on the ground.

"What is all this stuff?" he asked.

"Research," I replied, quickly scooping up my notes. He bent down and grabbed one of them off the floor before I was able to stop him. He read through it briefly, then accused, "You've been researching what you missed," 

"...yeah," I replied. "Yeah, I have," 

He flipped it over, only to find that it was blank. His gaze shifted up.

"You're good with note-taking and surprisingly good with sneaking around," he told me.

"What?" I asked, trying to sound innocent.

"How did you get this?" 

He showed me the page. It held a table showing the differences between Tesseract and the scepter's orb.

"I- research. SHIELD's files were uploaded to the internet, anyone can find them," I quickly improvised.

"Uh-huh," Stark pressed further, unconvinced. "Yet somehow we managed to find these notes only yesterday,"