Chapter 25- Home

A couple of hours later

I was in the passenger's seat of Tony Stark's orange and black 2015 Audi R8 (Author's Note: See above GIF) and was allowing the billionaire to drive me back to Stark Tower.

"So, what do you think? Should I call up the press? Get you into the public? It is your birthday in a couple of days," Tony asked. 

"If that's what you want," I replied, smirking.

"No, no, I was just wondering," he said. "Oh, and also, did you want to see a movie on Saturday?"

"Sounds fun,"

"You aren't giving me many options, here,"

"I don't know, what do you want to do? I'm fine with anything,"

"Are you and Romanoff ever going to go on a date? It's been a while,"

"Well- yes- she scheduled one for this Friday,"

"Oh, I'll set the movie for Sunday, then, you'll probably want to hang out with her on Saturday, too, then,"

"Er- oh- okay,"

Tony smirked at me. "You know, I was just thinking, maybe later we could prank Pepper a little bit,"

I shook my head, but he continued.

"I wonder what would happen if I told her that you died in battle," he started. "But then you walked in just after I said that,"

"She would scream," I told him flatly.

"You're probably right. Just give her a hug and tell her I'm dead,"

"What? NO!"

"I'll walk in the second you do and inform you that I'm very much alive,"

"No!"

"Then what do you want to do?"

"Walk in and hug her. Then have you hug her. Then we all have supper and go to sleep. The end,"

"And they all lived happily ever after," Tony added with an eye roll.

"Yeah, basically,"

"Or," Tony suggested, "We could stay up all night watching a movie marathon," 

"Ooh, that sounds fun," I admitted. "Let's do that,"

"I heard they're making a movie about me," he said. "Whoever's starring me shouldn't be anyone but me,"

"Since when were you an actor?" I joked.

"Oh, please, it's easy enough. You just pretend to be sad and pretend to be angry and suddenly everything works out in the end," Tony scoffed.

I laughed. "I'm pretty sure it takes more than that,"

"Kinda doesn't!" he argued.

"Kinda does!" 

"Doesn't!"

"Does!"

Eventually, he got tired of our little argument and elbowed me in the shoulder.

"You're a handful, Bryce, won't lie," he said. "But that just kinda adds to the honorable feeling of being your dad,"

"Well, I can't say that you aren't a handful yourself," I pointed out smugly.

"I never said I wasn't. In fact, I completely agree with you,"

I grinned, turning my head to face him. He turned to look at me as well, not exactly watching the road.

"So... what movie did you want to watch?" I asked.

He smirked, patting my shoulder. 

"I was thinking about watching the whole Star Wars series from start to finish," he suggested. "I heard the marathon starts at 8 pm,"

"I don't remember ever seeing those," I admitted.

"WHAT?!" he demanded. "They're classics! Oh, you'll love them. You heard about Luke Skywalker, right? And Darth Vader? That one hot princess? What was her name... Leia? Yeah, and they have this huge death star..."

I zoned out of Tony's rant, grinning to myself. After so long, I finally felt like I had a family. Like I had a group of people in my life who loved me. I'd been missing that feeling since I was 15, and frankly, I couldn't have been happier to have it back.

In short? 

My name is Bryce Russell-Stark, and my dad is Iron Man.