Chapter 18- Vision

When I arrived home, nobody was there to greet me.

"It's alright, they're all off doing their own thing," Tony explained. "Let's go find Dr. Banner,"

He lead me to the elevator and pressed the button labeled "Bruce's lab". The elevator began to go down immediately, taking us down a couple of floors.

We stood beside each other, awkwardly.

"What's your idea?" I asked quietly.

"Hmm?" 

"What's your idea?" 

"Oh. I'll explain that when we get to the lab,"

"O-okay,"

And... awkward silence once again.

Thankfully, the elevator doors opened, and we walked down to Dr. Banner's lab.

When Tony and I strode in, Bruce glanced up. 

"Oh, hey Bryce. Are you joining us?" he asked.

"I guess," I replied. "Good to see you again,"

"Good to see you too,"

Clint poked his head out from behind a giant metal coffin that I assumed to be "the cradle"

"Hey! The last time I saw you, you were grabbing at Stark's neck," he commented, standing to his full height. "It's good to have you back,"

"It's good to be back," I grinned. "So anyway, what's the plan?"

"We'll need to access the program, and break it down from the den," Bruce explained.

"Any chance Natasha might leave you a message outside the internet? Old school spy stuff?" Tony asked Clint.

"Y-yeah," Clint responded, heading for the stairs to downstairs. "I'll find her,"

"I can work on tissue degeneration if you could fry whatever operational system Cho implanted," Bruce suggested, beginning to work on the cradle.

Tony scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, about that..."

Bruce stopped dead, backing away from the cradle. Tony and Bruce exchanged glances before Bruce declared, "No,"

"You have to trust me," Tony said.

"Kinda don't," Bruce admitted.

"Our 'ally'...the guy protecting the military's nuclear codes..." Tony was beginning to speak gibberish. I stared, feeling a strong sense of discomfort. I felt like I was not supposed to be in that room at that moment.

"I found him," Tony stated, flicking his thin plastic thing at the air. In the air formed an orange sphere.

"Hello, Dr. Banner," said the sphere. "And hello to you as well, Bryce,"

I knew I was seriously behind when Bruce appeared completely shocked at the sound of JARVIS's voice.

"Ultron didn't go after JARVIS because he was angry," Tony explained, putting me even further behind. "He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do,"

"I'm sorry to interject, but I feel like I don't know everything here," I imposed.

Tony and Bruce both ignored me.

"JARVIS went underground," Tony stated. "Scattered. Dumped his memory...but not his protocols. He didn't even know he was in there until I pieced him together,"

Deciding that then was not a good time to keep interjecting with questions, I started for the elevator, hoping that they wouldn't see me.

"So you want me... to help you... put JARVIS... into this thing?" Bruce asked.