Chapter 6

It's been one hundred years since that day, I woke up again hours later in the spirit world. I still don't know to this day why I blacked out, but my theory is because I am technically still alive I went into a shock and blacked out. Even as a spirit.

I had tried to protect the air temples, but my guess is the attack started during the weeks I was looking for Aang, I was already too late.

I spent weeks going to the different air temples, every one of them had been attacked and there was nothing left.

A few months later I had gone to the Northern tribe to see if the new avatar was born, I could not feel Raava's energy no matter how close I got to new born babies.

I then travelled to the southern water tribe an by the time I got there I could see fire nation ships attacking them.

I tried helping them defend themselves but I had never used my ability's this much before. The avatar's I worked with always did most of the work, while I helped a little. Then again though I have never had to fight in a war until now.

I think all I did was delay what they came to accomplish. After not being much of help at all, I travelled the world... again. Seeing more of what has changed along the way and practicing my ability.

I think my favourite place to stop at in the last one hundred years was the swamp. At the moment I am controlling the vines in the swamp and I feel energy.

I start running to the end of the swamp and feel Raava's energy. Like I would feel if the avatar was in the avatar state. I make my way to the southern water tribe where the energy is the strongest.

"Hello?!" I shout walking into the tribe.

"Iris?!" I turn around to see... Aang!

"Your alive?!" I shout and he jumps towards me.

"Wait Aang you will just go-," I tried saying but cut myself off because it was already too late.

"Through me," I finish looking him now on the ground.

"If I was solid, do you really think it was a good idea charging at someone with the body of a five year old at full force?" I ask with a little laugh at the end.

"I am sorry, I wasn't thinking, I am just so happy to see you," he says with the big smile I have missed.
.
.
.
I first met Sokka and Katara not too long after because I had a little bit of energy from Aang in the avatar state.

"Wait, your the spirit that helps the avatar!" Katara said and I smiled.

"Yup," I said happily.

"Our gran-gran says that you tried to help us out years ago. Nobody ever saw you but it was the only explanation as to why things where moving but nobody was bending them," Katara says with a little bow as to say thank you, I bowed back.

"Giant light beams, flying bison, air bender and now a spirit. These days just keep getting better and better." Sokka says and starts to walk away.

"So Iris, did you know when the avatar will return?" Katara asks and I got confused. I was about to reply but then I saw Aang waving his arms from behind him. I guess he does not want them to know yet.

"He will be coming back soon," was all I told her.
.
.
.
Over the course of the next few months Katara, Sokka and I helped Aang to get to the northern water tribe.

"So here's a question for you Iris, if you phase through everything you touch, then how do you not phase through the ground?" Sokka asks me and I stop.

"Now that I think about it I have no clue," I say looking down at where I am standing.

"Seriously, you have been a spirit for how long and you had not thought about it?" Sokka shouts confused about it.

"I may have been a spirit for a long time but I don't have all the answers. I might have thought about this before but I don't really question about how it happens, I just be thankful it does," I say and he shrugged.

"I guess it's not my place to question how you live as a spirit," he says and we keep moving.

"How old are you now Iris?" Katara asks.

"My body wise or are we getting technical here?" I ask with a little giggle.

"Body and technical?" She asks.

"My body is still five years old, but technically I am two hundred and twenty eight," I said breathing out. Thinking about how old I technically am is crazy.

"How in the world can you remember your birthday after so long?" Sokka asks.

"I can't, when I was turned into a spirit my parents told me my age but never told me when my birthday was. It was more of an after thought to them so I never knew the precise date," I said sadly.

"That must have been horrible, feeling like an after thought to your own parents," Katara said.

"It's no big deal I can't remember much about them anyway. I made my 'birthday' the day I was turned into a spirit," I knew I would never forget that day.

I felt I was running out of energy so I turned to them.

"I will talk to you guys later," I said and disappeared from their sight.