Chapter 28

When we got back to republic city everyone went there own way. I had no idea what I was going to do and there wasn't much to do for me.

"Iris, do you want to come with us? I want to show Bolin republic city at night, and something tells me, you haven't seen it at night either," Varrick says and I shrugged.

"Okay," I sigh out not having anything else to do.

"Great!" He shouts and he starts leading us somewhere.
.
.
.
Bolin and Varrick pull up in a limo and I glide behind them. The crowds are taking pictures of Bolin and Varrick.

"Hey look! It's the spirit Iris!" Someone from the crowd shouts and they started getting pictures of me.

I decided I didn't want the attention and tried to make myself invisible but for some reason, it wasn't working.

We got into the arena Bolin and Varrick sat down while I stood behind them. Everyone started cheering for Bolin and asked for an interview.
.
.
.
I go for a walk to think, I still don't know why I can't disappear. I ran out of the energy of korra going into the avatar state hours ago.

I find Bolin and he's dressed in... water tribe clothes I think.

"Hey Bolin, do you know where Korra is?" I asked him.

"Well it's kinda a long story, Korra was going to go to the fire nation. Then we found out Mako might have revealed a different plan we had to the president and then she ran out," he said and once I processed the sentence I ran to the police station.

I walked into the police station to see Mako cleaning up his papers and a turned over desk.

"Do I even WANT to know?" I asked him and he sighs almost as if he knew he would face my wrath sooner or later.

"I will just keep this short, I broke up with Korra," he said as he got up from the ground after cleaning up.

"Why?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"It just didn't work out between us. I don't think she was really in love with me anyway, I think she just liked me," he said and he tried moving the desk.

"Allow me," I say and manipulated the desk back to where it's supposed to be.

"Now, what do you mean by you think she never loved you?" I asked and he put the papers on the desk.

"I mean I think she really loves someone else, she just needs to find the courage and hope to tell this person," he said and sat down in his desk.

"Who and how do you know she likes this other guy?" I asked and he chuckles.

"I mostly saw it whenever she talked about them. I don't know if she knows it herself but I saw it," he said as he started working on some work.

"I am guessing your NOT going to tell me who he is," I say and he shakes his head with a little smirk on his face.

"Nope," he says and I chuckled.

"Alright, I guess I will leave you to your work officer," I say and walk out.

I then felt Korra go into the Avatar state, she is in the middle of the water close to the fire nation I think. Why did she go into the avatar state?. It possible she went in to let me know where she is at the moment. She was only in for a few moments so I don't know if she is in trouble.

With Korra gone I am not sure what to do, I then go to find Bolin.
.
.
.
"Hey, I think I am going to go visit Tenzin and the others, they should still be at the southern air temple," I say while he is getting ready to shoot a scene.

"Okay sounds good!" He shouts.

"One more thing, when Korra gets back and she needs my help tell her to go in and out of the avatar state two times and I will be on my way back!" I shout as he gets into position to start his scene.

"Got it Iris! Say hi to Tenzin and the others for me!" He shouts and I nodded.
.
.
.
"IRIS!!" I hear as I walk into the temple and the kids run towards me.

"Hey! how are you guys?" I ask as I greet them happily.

"We are doing good, how's Korra's training with Unalaq?" Tenzin asks and I freeze. They don't know.

"She's doing well, I figured it would be nice to come see you guys for a little while," I say pretending. I decided I don't want to ruin their downtime, if they need to know they will know eventually anyway.