Chapter 38

It's strange... I didn't expect my first dream to be just a white light. I looked down and saw a note on the ground.

One last gift-F

"Iris!" I hear and look up to see people I didn't think I would see again. Sokka, Suki, Roku, Aang, Kyoshi and so many more. I didn't know weather this is real or not, but I get the feeling it is.
.
.
.
My eyes feel so heavy and I am not a big fan of the light on my eyes. I then realized I have something around my waist. My eyes open a little and I see arms around my waist and then I remember Korra is with me.

I place my hand on her hand and in response she buries her head deeper into my neck.

"Good morning avatar," I whisper.

"No it's not morning go back to sleep," she says sleepily.

"Believe me I would love to, but we have to get ready for your speech to the tribe," I say and I turn around to face her.

"The morning is evil," she whispered and I giggle.

"Come on Korra, your mom and Pema are making a special breakfast remember," I say and she yawns, I guess it contagious because I do the same.

My eyes are now fully open and I take a long look at her face and her eyes are still closed.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your hair down?" I asked and she giggles.

"I don't remember, but I will keep it in mind," she says and I smile.

We stayed laying in silence for a few minutes just enjoying each other's company.

"So I had a dream last night," I inquire and she nodded signalling me to keep going.

"I think it was real, I can't say why I just know. Even if I didn't know though I wouldn't write it off. Kinda hard to write anything off once you have been a spirit for the majority of your life," I say as I grabbed her hand.

"Don't leave me in suspense babe," she says softly and I can't help having a big smile on my face.

"I saw the past avatars I knew, Sokka, suki and so many more, I figured it would be a one time thing so I made the best of it," I said and now her beautiful cyan blue eyes are open.

"Do they hate or blame me for ruining the connection?" She asks.

"They told me to tell you that it was not your fault, it was Unalaq's fault," I told her and she nodded.

"What did the past avatar's have to say about you dating their recent reincarnation?" She asks jokingly.

"They weren't all that surprised, with each past avatar I knew, I had a special connection with, so they said it's not surprising I fell in love with one," I said and she smiled, god she is so beautiful.

"Every avatar I have known has had a female lover, I guess Roku was right," I said and she looks confused.

"About what?" She asks.

"Being the avatar doesn't hurt your chances with the ladies," I told her quoting Roku and she pulls me close.

"No, it truly doesn't," she says and we stay like that just a little longer.
.
.
.
Breakfast was truly delicious and I couldn't be more thankful to have the people I have around me.

"Alright Iris, before we head out, I made you some hot chocolate for you to try. I made sure it wasn't too hot," Senna says placing it down in front of me.

"Thank you," I said as I take the cup and take a sip. I sigh at the sweet taste and the richness of it.

"Do you like it?" Senna asked and I nodded. We enjoyed a little bit more conversation and then we went to the place Korra will give her speech.

She said that the southern water tribe is now independent, how Tonraq is the new chief of the south, and how spirits will be living amongst us.

As we were walking to Korra's parents house I remember something I realized while she was giving her speech.

"Hey Korra, you want to know what I just realized?" I asked.

"Sure,"

"You, my girlfriend, you are not just the avatar, you are also technically a princess. Even before your father became chief of the southern tribe you would have been the heir to both," I said and she stops letting it all sink in.

"I... never thought about that," she said and I start laughing.

"How's "princess Korra" sound for a title?" I said and she shakes her head.

"Please no,"

"Well technically "Princess Avatar Korra of the Water tribes" would be along the lines of your full title... or would it be "Princess Avatar Korra of the southern water tribe" now?" I wonder out loud.

"Either way, I am not interested in such a big title, i'd rather just "Avatar Korra" in the end," she says and I nodded in understanding.

"Alright princess," I say and she laughs.

"How many nicknames are we going to have for each other?" She asks playfully.

"I don't know, if it makes you feel better you can call me princess too," I say and she leans down to kiss my nose.

"I'll keep that in mind,"

You get some fluff! and you get some fluff! and you get some fluff! Everybody gets some fluff!!!!!