1. Chapter 5 Harry's Duel

A couple of weeks have past and I already hate 2 girls in my dorm. lavender brown and Parvati Patil. I have gotten lost around 10 times late to class 4 times and gained house point 3 times for answering correctly. myself, the twins and lee have become quite close over the weeks and I hate having to keep secrets from them. it is the 2nd week of school so 1 week until the full moon and I was so nervous I decided to wait to go the McGonagall until later but I probably should have done it earlier. when I walked into the Gryffindor common room with Fred, George and lee, after setting up our prank, there was a bunch of first years around the notice board. I asked Fred, since he was tall,l if he could see what it said. 'it says that first year flying lessons are on Thursday with the Slytherins.'  he scowled the last word. I also scowled at the last word. 'i feel sorry for you Em.' said lee in a sympathetic. 'thanks lee, I'm gonna go die now, my cousin is going to laugh at me and make fun of me.' i walked up the stairs to the dorm and stuffed my face in my pillow and screamed. if you look at my side of the room you wouldn't see makeup like lavender and Parvati. you would see books, not stacks like Hermione but more than a few books. you would see a photo of the order that Draco gave me and a truck full of clothing. no one would ever call me a girly girl or a tomboy although I do seem to only find friends in boys.

꧁༺ ------------------------------------ ༻꧂

 'good afternoon class' madam hooch yelled as she walked past us in between the rows of brooms. madam hooch had white short hair and a stern face although if you looked closer you could see the softness in her eyes. 'good afternoon madam hooch' the rest of the class yelled back in sing-song voices. 'welcome to your first flying lesson, well what are you waiting for, everyone moves to the left side of there broomstick.' we didn't need telling twice. although it was a bummer that we had it with the Slytherins, we all still couldn't wait to ride. I took the broomstick to Hermione's left. 'stick your right hand over the broom and say up.' when we all chanted the command mine came to me straight away. a few others did too, harry potter and on the second chant was my big-headed cousin. Hermione looked at me with astonishment in her eyes. I just grinned. after a while, which includes ron being hit in the head by his broom, everyone had there broomsticks in their hands. 'now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it, grip it tightly. you don't want to be sliding off the end. when I blow my whistle I want each of you to kick off the ground hard, keep your brooms steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly and touch back down.' madam hooch yelled. we all griped our brooms tight and waited for her whistle. she blew the whistle. everyone was about to lift off when Neville's broom started flying higher in the air. 'mister Longbottom come back down.' madam hooch yelled. but his broom kept going higher and higher. Neville's broom started going crazy in the air it swerved it spun it even flipped him upside down. I knew something bad was going to happen to Neville. his broom hit the castle and spun around hitting the castle wall again. it started hurtling to the ground the turned and came towards us. we all jumped out of the way so he wouldn't hit us. his broom then went high up and his robe got caught on a gargoyles spear. he was hanging down just by a thread. I started running to where he would fall when his robe broke but got caught on a light cage instead. I realised I wasn't the only one running every Gryffindor was plus madam hooch. his robes finally had enough and he fell to the ground crying in pain. I ran faster than before and got to him the same time as madam hooch. she lifted his arm and he yelped in pain. 'oh dear broken arm.' she then turned to the rest of the class and said. 'everyone is to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take mister Longbottom to the hospital wing. if I see a single broom in the air, the person riding it will be expelled before you can say quidditch.' she walked towards the castle and I walked towards Hermione and the rest. I saw something in Draco's hand and recognised it as Nevilles remeberal. 'did you see his face. maybe if he had given this a squeeze he would've remembered to land on his fat ass.' Draco said to his gang of Slytherins. 'give it here Malfoy.' I said but realised it wasn't only me. harry had said it too. he looked at us and said. 'no I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find.' he then grabbed his broom and flew into the air. 'what about on the roof.' he continued then flew up higher. 'what's the matter, bit beyond your reach.' I grabbed my broom ready to fly and saw that Harry had done the same. 'guys, no way you heard what madam hooch said, besides you don't know how to ride.' Hermione said in her usual voice. I ignored her and flew into the air. the first thing that had come to my mind was that I loved it. I had seen that harry ignored Hermione as well and. we both flew into the air after Malfoy. 'give it here Malfoy.' harry said I finished his sentence by saying. 'or we'll knock you off your broom.' he looked at us and grinned. 'is that so.' then harry went toward him with his broom. 'have it your way then.' then Draco through the ball towards the castle and before I could even react harry was flying after it. I flew a couple more meters toward him when harry caught the ball before it hit a window. 'catch Emily.' harry yelled at me a through the ball towards me. I caught it with ease and we both flew back down and hi-fived each other. all of the others started cheering and running towards us. I saw Hermione smiling at me but shaking her head at the same time. just as everything was perfect I heard someone behind us. I spun around and there was professor McGonagall. 'miss lupin-black and Mr potter come with me please.' i knew we were done for. we followed her looking at the ground. after a while of walking, I realised we weren't going to her office. we stopped in front of a classroom and McGonagall opened the door 'professor Quirrell sorry to bother you but can I please borrow Mr wood.' he nodded and out came the tall boy from the train ride. he turned to me and said. 'Hi Emily.' then he asked what was going on. 'potter this is Oliver wood it seems you already know miss lupin-black, anyway, Wood I have found you a chaser and seeker.' me and wood looked at her with wide eyes.