#LoveMaguiSC01

Special Chapter

I leaned my back on my car. I crossed my arms on my chest as my jaw clapped repeatedly. I've been waiting for half hour outside at their house already. I pulled out my phone from my pocket to check if there are replies from my girlfriend. I drew a heavy sigh when I received nothing.

I stood straight when I heard their gate opening. Clearing my throat, I tried to remember my explanation I rehearsed last night. I know there's something wrong between us. And I couldn't sleep last night thinking how to fix it or what went wrong.

I had a lot of casual relationships before. But this is incomparable. I don't overthink things like this. Hell, I didn't even imagine myself waking up early in the morning to drive my way here and apologize even if I have no idea what is our problem.

With Magui, I will always lower my pride.

Not that I wanted to be an ideal boyfriend because for sure, I have shares of shortcomings. I just badly wanted this to last. My father used to tell me that you only get that kind of love once in your life and I already get mine. And I have no plans to let go of this chance.

Bumagsak ang balikat ko nang si Gideon ang lumabas at hindi si Magui.

"She doesn't want to talk to you. Man, what did you do?" Gideon is shaking his head while approaching me.

I rolled my eyes in irritation. I let my hand run through my hair.

"How'd you even say it was my fault?"

"Number one rule in dating, she's always right and you're always wrong." he proudly explained.

I blinked multiple times upon hearing what Gideon said.

Kung makapag-advice, akala mo naman may girlfriend.

I knew Gideon since we're still in freshman, he never had a girlfriend before. I mean, I saw how the girls throw themselves to him but he's not really interested. He's into his studies and music. That's why when the band learned that Gideon is mad over heels to Esme, he became the apple of our eyes when it comes to teasing.

Never knew Gideon would dare to castigate his own rules.

"Whoa, look who's talking huh? Basted ka nga kay Esme eh." puna ko.

The playful smirk on his face immediately changed into a scowl.

"Foul yan, gago!"

Humalakhak ako at tinapik ang kaniyang balikat. He shove my hand off his shoulder and glared at me.

I don't really understand what's with the detours between Gideon and Esme.

I'd be honest, I didn't expect that Esme can weasel through his arctice heart and break the ice. But then, there are really things that are out of our control.

"Just get inside, you fucker."

At first, I hesitated to go inside.

Not that I'm afraid of her parents because even before I already asked for their permission. It's just that I'm scared of Magui. I've never seen her mad or pissed. When we talked last night, she just ended the call before I could ask her what's wrong.

Let this be a lesson for me.

Gideon raised an eyebrow.

"Scared?"

I gnashed my teeth. My hands are clenched tightly.

"Damn you."

Gideon laughed and it's his turn to pat my shoulder annoyingly. Sa huli ay napangisi ako kahit na ang lakas ng pintig ng dibdib ko sa sobrang kaba. Tangina, normal pa ba 'to?