#LoveMaguiSC02

Special Chapter

I nibbled my lips and slightly glancing at my side. Magui, my bestfriend, since we were kids put her palm on her mouth. Seconds after, I heard her giggles. My eyes rolled voluntarily as I watch her making fun of me.

"Aki... You like her, don't you?" she blurted, leaving me no warning.

My forehead creased and stare dumbfoundedly like Magui just spouted a ridiculous accusation. If I'm drinking, I would almost spat my drink when she will ask me that.

"The hell? No!" I said with conviction. But heck, I sounded a little too defensive!

"Really?" she blinked like she knew I was lying. "But I saw how you stared at her." she added.

I raised my eyebrow. I faked a cough and shifted at my seat. I tried so hard to fight back the urge of a defensive look on my face but when I heard Magui's laugh, I knew that moment that I'm fucked up.

"I'm just staring at her 'coz she looks like a f-frog." I managed to deny.

Napabaling ang tingin ko sa ibang sulok ng silid. My eyes immediately caught the scrutiny of a girl with her infamous ruffle cuff dress. I licked my lips, stifling a smirk. It is prohibited to wear casual wears inside the University. But she can still pull off a show huh.

Esme and her obsession in breaking the rules.

"Do you have a crush on Esme, Aki?" I heard Magui asked.

But I was too busy watching Esme from afar. I put my index finger on my lips while watching her talking to her colleagues.

"Yes."

I froze for a moment.

"Shit!" my jaw move for a clench.

Fuck! Did I answered a yes?! Nanlaki ang mata ko nang mapagtanto kung ano ang kusang lumabas sa bibig ko.

"You just admitted it! Finally!" humagikhik si Magui.

"Stop it, Mau. Not really funny." I gritted my teeth.

Magui leaned in with a teasing smile that I swear I could only see her like this rarely.

"Weh? There's no point in denying it, you know." kibit balikat na tugon ni Magui.

"Hindi ko nga siya gusto." ulit ko, more like convincing myself even if I know what's the real deal.

"Why not?"

"Have you forgotten? She likes your Ahia." I chuckled with no humor.

"So you're afraid?"

My heart rate sped up instantaneously. And I fucking don't know why. I cleared my throat, deciding to open up a bit. Magui knows every thing about me. So was I to her. Kaya kahit man mag-sinungaling ako ay kuhang-kuha niya pa rin kung ano ang totoo. And she's Magui, who can lie to her? Titigan mo pa lang ay magi-guilty ka na.

"It's scary, Magui... Dahil una pa lang, alam mong talo ka na."

I don't know what it is but this is what I really fear. Kaya hangga't hindi pa lumalalim, gusto kong bigyang tuldok na.

"Nothing is sure, Aki. But sometimes, ang kailangan mo lang ay sumugal."

I shook my head hoping she will dismiss that idea because it's not really funny.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with Esme... It's just that I don't want complicate things. I've known her through Magui along with the fact that she's hung up to Kuya Gideon.

I am not going to involve myself to a fucking love triangle. I would swear that to my grave.

But I just found myself staring at her.