Chapter 2- Shorty

"Illumi Zoldyck."

The 13 Troupe members gasped in shock. One, who had wavy pink hair and golden eyes, looked particularly stunned. He wore a black crop top with heart and diamond shapes and a pink undershirt. He also had white, baggy pants and heels. On his face, he had a yellow star tattoo under one eye and a blue teardrop under the other. In his hands, he shuffled a deck of cards.

"How the hell are you even still alive?!"

"Damn, she must be strong."

Y/n sighed and opened her mouth to say something else, but was cut off as a needle whizzed by her head. She dodged and lept onto one of the high windowsills, looking down at the powerful assassin. His long, black, slicked hair swayed gracefully as he walked. His emotionless, unblinking eyes were fixed on her every movement.

The second he moved, she did too. There was a large, stagnant pond not far away, allowing her to use her nen. Small balls floated around her as a sword made of water appeared in her hand. This sword had caused the few wounds on the other assassin that now stood before her.

"I must say, I'm impressed," he admitted. "Not many people can survive being hunted by me for over 5 hours."

"5 hours," choked one of the members as they spectated below. 

He lunged at her once more, his needles deflected by a sheet of ice. Y/n and Illumi danced around, exchanging blows as the Troupe watched in awe. There was a sudden ringing sound. Illumi pulled out his phone and answered it without stopping.

"Moshi Moshi? Oh? I see."

He stopped as he hung up the phone. Y/n stopped as well, puzzled.

"The employer has been killed," Illumi explained. "I have no obligation to kill you, now. Farewell."

With that, he left. Y/n plopped onto her back, exhausted. She laid there for a few minutes before sitting up again. Feitan was standing at her side.

"We still have questions for you."

"Later. I'm tired," she grumbled.

He pulled out his knife again but was stopped by Chrollo.

"Let her rest. Not many of us can fight a Zoldyck 1 on 1 and survive, much less for 5 hours without a break."

"Tch."

"And you can stay and make sure she doesn't leave."

"Danchou-"

"Feitan."

They stared each other down for a good minute before the angry black-haired boy submitted.

"And don't kill or torture her."

This seemed to further irritate him since that was exactly what he was planning to do.

"Fine."

He walked away. Y/n followed behind with an expressionless mask over her face. He led her to an empty room that had no windows. All of the walls were concrete and the door was some sort of heavy metal. It looked like a cell, but she didn't care. He locked her in and sat against the door, staring at her as she pulled a water bottle out and drank some.

"Don't even think about using nen."

"Does it even look like I can at the moment, shorty?"

He glared at her and turned away. With a sigh, she leaned back on the wall and closed her eyes, falling asleep quickly. 

                                                                             🗡 🗡 🗡

"Wake up."