Chapter 8- Chains

(DISCLAIMER: This chapter features lyrics from the song 'You don't know' by Katelyn Tarver. I added the song above if you'd like to listen to it. Highly recommended.)

She started her day being attacked by the balloons at the mall. Things got a lot worse from there. 

"Stop chasing me," she screamed.

"Then stop running!"

"No, you're gonna hit me!"

Feitan rolled his eyes, speeding up. Y/n glanced back quickly, then began to run faster. Meanwhile, the other members of the phantom troupe were rolling on the floor laughing. Shalnark laid in a puddle of his own tears, Uvogin struggling to breathe, and Phinks holding back his wheeze as Y/n ran away from the angry gremlin.

"That's because you're a damn thief."

"I'm not a thief. I'm just good at acquiring what is not mine. Besides, you're one to ta-ACK WATCH IT!"

She yelped as she had to dodge a chunk of metal being thrown from behind. Umbrella in hand, Y/n darted through the abandoned mall, lungs burning with effort. The owner of said umbrella was chasing without breaking a sweat. This had been going on for about eight hours now. 

Chrollo walked into the building to see how the heist was going, stepping over a body. He stared, dumbfounded, at the scene before him.

"What...the actual fuck is going on here?"

Phinks turned around, grinning like an idiot.

"I bet Y/n 5000 jenny that she couldn't steal Feitan's umbrella and live."

Chrollo sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"How long has she had it?"

"Eight hours," Shalnark wheezed from the floor.

The leader grabbed Y/n by the back of her shirt as she darted by him.

"Hey," he snapped. "Don't you have somewhere else to be stupid?"

"Not until four," she grinned.

Feitan snatched his umbrella back and slapped her head.

"Oi! Is it necessary to slap me with the corpse's hand?"

"Necessary? No. Hilarious? Yes."

Y/n huffed and sat on the ground cross-legged. Uvogin ruffled the top of her head.

"Nice!"

"Thanks, big brother-"

There was a short moment of silence as she realized her mistake. A blush of embarrassment crept on her face.

"I mean-er...um.."

"It's ok," he reassured. "'Big brother'. I like the sound of that."

~🗡🗡🗡~

"Dammit!"

Y/n kicked a chunk of debris across the room. It exploded into millions of pieces as it hit the wall. Feitan had taken Owl and tortured him, finally finding the items that were up for auction.

After Uvogin was kidnapped, they followed behind in a car. But, of course, Owl showed up and tried to capture them in his 'fun-fun cloth' which, honestly, was the least 'fun' thing about that night. Both her and Nobunaga were caught up in the car while the others escaped. Y/n didn't know how long she sat there, quivering in fury as she replayed the scene over and over in her mind. Feitan threw her into the damn swordsman so he could escape.