Chapter 7- Shadow Beast

'I'd like to say that we're fucked but...'

Y/n watched as Uvogin gleefully slaughtered the mobsters left and right. She sat next to Feitan, who leaned against the cliff, watching the massacre with an almost comically bored expression. It's as if he were watching a bunch of puppies playfight. Screams of agony, dying breaths, Uvogin's laughing, and the crackling of fire echoed around the cliff walls.

🗡🗡Flashback 🗡🗡

Y/n watched in dismay as the ground rapidly approached as their craft descended. They were surrounded by mobsters and the cliff. She knew they were all strong, but there are so many...'But you survived being attacked by Illumi,' whispered the reasonable side of her mind. But still, she couldn't help but worry. So many things could go wrong.

They all jumped out before the craft hit the ground, shattering with a crash and burst of flames. The black-suited men approached, holding guns and other ammunition. Uvogin looked back at the others and gave them a smile.

"Please let me take care of this!"

Feitan shrugged and lept onto the ledge that jutted out of the cliff face. The others joined him, sitting back relaxing as the burly thief killed everyone. Bullets bounced off him, and even a bazooka didn't faze him. He had a maniacal grin plastered on his face. Y/n could feel his bloodlust from here. 

🗡🗡🗡🗡

'Maybe I should be more afraid of the troupe.' Y/n looked around at Nobunaga, Franklin, Feitan, Shizuku, Shalnark, and Machi. They seemed almost like ordinary people. But, Y/n knew, they were some of the most dangerous people she's met so far. But if she could survive Illumi, maybe she had a chance of escaping the Phantom Troupe?

'They'd find a way to hunt me down and kill me if I managed to escape, though. But...do I even want to leave?' She began to look back on the recent events. It's only been three weeks, but she was beginning to grow fond of some of them. Except for Hisoka, of course. She felt especially grateful to certain people...

Y/n and Feitan locked eyes. It was only for a moment, but long enough for her to notice the strange leap in her chest. She looked away, her heart thudding loudly. She was sure everyone would hear it if it weren't for the commotion below. 'What's wrong with me? Sure, he's trained me and all, but I don't like Fei like that. Don't I? No, there's no way. We haven't even known each other for long. He'd never care about me like that, anyway. I'm just some new shiny toy to him.'

Maybe she was just overthinking. That was certainly something she tends to do. The other four were sitting in a circle a few feet away playing cards. They seemed uninterested in the onslaught below. Y/n turned her gaze back to Uvogin, who had already killed over three-fourths of the mobsters, just as he growled and stomped. The ground shook violently, sending rocks showering the group above. 

"Hey," Shalnark exclaimed in indignation as he was forced to drop his cards.

When the dust cleared, the rest of the attackers were dead. Y/n drew in a sharp breath, earning a glance from Feitan.

"Ah, you've never seen him in action 'till now."

He looked almost smug as if he were proving her wrong. She simply nodded, watching as three figures appeared from the distance. Alarm sparked through her chest. Are they...