mason mount

your name- Becky Roberts

the high school reunion, arranged by molly reid. no surprise, molly had become significantly rich, so the reunion was in one of her mansions. our whole year had been invited, obviously not all came, but a lot did.

i had asked my old friend zara to look after my 2 year old son while i go compose myself. it was all too much for me, and dylan was a nightmare to look after.

when i go back upstairs, zara isnt with dylan, i quickly jog to her "you were meant to be watching him!" she looked at me confused at said "what do you mean hes right h-" she points to her right but then notices hes not there.

he could have gone anywhere, he can just barely walk so god knows where he is. "dylan! dylan?!" i rush about the place trying to find him. i see a guy holding him at the buffet area. "dylan! what are you doing!" i shout and he giggles , stuffing his face with pizza. "is he yours?" the guy asks "yeah" i smile and he hands dylan back to me. "hes cute" he smiles. he has a nice smile.

"remember me? mason mount?" we walk slowly to the lounge area "oh yes! i thought you looked familiar" he looks way different, way better, than in high school.

"becky roberts right?" i nod. of course, i look the same, but definitely a different personality. we sit down on the grey couch. i sit dylan between us so he can eat his pizza.

"so when did you have this cutie?" he asks me, smiling at dylan. "2 years ago, when i was 20" he looks up at me now, still smiling like always "youre not with the dad anymore?" he could only assume, i didnt bring a guy with me today. "no he left when he found out." he furrows his eyebrows, no longer smiling "what a prick. dont say that dylan"

my phone starts ringing, i check and its my boss. "can you look after him for a minute? i have to take this" he nods and i walk off, answering the call.

i watch mason and dylan while im on the phone. dylan runs out of pizza and starts crying for more. mason looks at me, then picks up dylan to calm him down. he makes faces at dylan and plays with him. i admire how good he is with dylan, i dont have the patience he has.

the call ends and i walk back. "you okay?" clearly noticing somethings off,  "yeah. my boss said i have to go to work today or im fired."

he picks up my son and stands up "do you want me to look after dylan? im not busy. i can drive you to work then look after him at yours."

"you dont have to, honestly its fine" i assure him that its fine but he insists.
before we leave, i gather my stuff, say goodbye to everyone and thank molly for hosting. "sorry i dont have a car seat for dylan"

"dont worry, my job is only 10 minutes from here" dylan sits on my lap for the ride, while mason chats to me about his job. i found out hes a professional footballer for chelsea, he seemed too nice for a rich person.

we finally arrive at where i work. i put in my house address so he knows where to go and thank him. "i'll walk home after work, dont worry"

"okay. see you later. say bye to mummy!" dylan waves bye too and they drive off.

~after work

i walk into my apartment quietly as it was late and take my shoes off. it was as quiet as a mouse, i could only hear the tv in my room playing. it was cleaner than usual, mason must have cleaned.

i found mason and dylan cuddled up asleep in my bed. i stop for a moment and smile at the sight. this is what i wanted from day one, a happy family, but it didn't happen.

i change in the bathroom and get everything ready for tomorrow. i stare at the sleeping boys for a moment, then get into bed with them and put the blanket over us. the bed isnt made for three of us, so i cuddle up to both of them so we can all fit. i felt mason move his arm around dylan, then his leg.

he was pretending to be asleep so he could stay.