Reece James

why, why, why

rose laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling. thinking of him again. she tried not to, knowing that she would just wake up in the morning and get on with her life, just like she did every other day. it was an impossible task, especially because tomorrow she would be meeting up with him at the coffee shop. she closed her eyes and tried her best to fall asleep, which eventually she would.

she waited patiently outside of the cafe he said to meet at. it was almost 1 o'clock now, did he ditch? did he forget? no if course he didnt forget, he always made sure he was on time for everything. "rose!" she heard a voice across the road. she smiled just at the sight. oh how much she missed him, she could never tell him.

he walked over now, "hey! how are you?" reece pulled her into a warm hug, she never wanted it to end. no. she couldn't do this. "im good, thankyou." she replied as they sat down at the table. a waitress came over and took their orders, she was eyeing him up the whole time. rose felt a pang of jealous hit her heart. no, stop, she can't.

"how have you been? i havent seen you in a long time!" she tried to keep the conversation flowing, mostly just to distract her from the thoughts in her mind.

"oh, you know, busy with football and everything. what about you? i heard you got a boyfriend?" oh god, the one thing she did not want him to bring up at all.

she went on tonnes of dates, or had one night stands just to try and block out the everlasting feelings she had for reece.

"oh, yeah um. we broke up a while back now. but anyways do you have a girlfriend?" she was intrigued, but was hoping the answer would be no. shut up, she could never be with him. not again anyway. the pair dated back in high school, they broke up on good terms, the football career got in the way. reece was always too busy, he was the one to break off the relationship. of course rose was heartbroken, but she knew that it was for the best. although her feelings for him never disappeared.

"yeah, actually her names mia. you should meet her some day" he smiled, he was clearly in love. she felt extreme jealousy, she knew she shouldnt feel this way, but her heart just clinged to him.

"oh, thats nice." he had a confused look on his face and then realised.

"it doesn't bother you that im with someone else does it?" he asks

"no, of course not." she smiles with lifeless eyes. "im really happy for you."

she replies, knowing that every night she will fall apart just thinking about it.