Chapter 19

The final buzzer sounded signaling the end of the game. I jumped over the boards, joining in my team's group hug for our victory of 2-0. We all made our way to the locker room, tired.. but thrilled with our performance.

"Good game boys, you all played great. If we keep this up we could go to the national tournament," our coach said as we all finished taking off our pads.

"Hey Luke," my coach called as I was about to walk out of the locker room with Ashton. Ashton continued walking, and I turned to my coach.

"You played really good today, Hemmings," He smiled and patted my shoulder.

"If we go to this big tournament, I'm expecting you to keep it up. But if a better team comes and offers you a spot, don't leave us okay?" he laughed. I promised I wouldn't and made my way out of the locker room. I wouldn't be offered to play for someone really good, but I was glad he believed in me.

I saw Ashton walking away from Bailey, probably going to find Casey.

Bailey walked towards me once she spotted me and I set my bag and hockey sticks on the ground, opening my arms to embrace her.

"You played great," she said against my chest, holding me tightly.

"Thank you," I smiled. I loved having her there supporting me, it meant a lot.

"Alright enough, you smell," she said trying to break free from my arms, but I wasn't going to let her.

"Do I?" I said rubbing my skin against hers, trying to get all the sweat I could onto her.

"Luke!" she yelled, but I held her tighter for a few more seconds before letting her go.

"You suck," she said breaking free from my arms.

"You love it. Let's go," I smiled as I grabbed her hand. She was cute when she was trying to be mad.

We made our way to the parking lot, and I threw my hockey stuff in the trunk. We decided to go back to my house so I could shower before we figured out what we wanted to do for the remainder of the night.

"You guys played well," Bailey said sitting down on my bed, as I grabbed a towel and some clothes to change into after my shower.

"Yeah, we might be able to go to a tournament out of state," I said remembering my coach had been mentioning it for the last week or so. We had a really good shot, I was hoping we would be able to go. Nationals was a once in a life time type of thing.

"Really?" she asked looking intently at me.

"Yeah just depends on our record and the other teams record," I explained. We had to be one of the best teams in the state to go.

"I'm gonna get in the shower," I said walking towards her.

"Okay," she said and I kissed her softly before disappearing into my bathroom.

I tried to keep my shower short, so I wouldn't keep Bailey waiting in my room for too long, bored out of her mind. I turned off the water, and dried off before changing.

As I was about to put my shirt on, I realized it was too hot for a shirt with sleeves, so I wanted to grab a cut off instead. I draped the shirt around my neck, and pulled at my hair with my fingers, getting it to stand straight up. I was going to put my socks on, but then realized my whole bathroom floor was flooded, as per usual, so I decided to wait until I got into my room.

I walked out seeing Bailey scrolling on her phone. She looked up, scanning her eyes over my bare torso. She was obviously checking me out, I felt a bit of nerves in my stomach and i'm not sure why she made me so nervous about being shirtless. I guess I was just insecure.

"Are you not gonna wear a shirt?" she asked finally pulling her eyes from my chest up to my gaze.

"No I want to show off my hot bod," I said laughing before grabbing a different shirt.

"You're changing shirts, really?" she said with a laugh.

"Yeah I didn't want to wear that one!"

"You, Lucas Hemmings, are a diva," she said with an eye roll, and standing up.

"Oh really?" I asked noticing I still had my towel in my hand.

I quickly twisted the towel and snapped it dangerously close to her.

"Luke!" she yelled, bolting towards my bathroom.

"Take it back!" I yelled before twisting the towel for a second time. She ran into my bathroom and tried to slam the door before I could grab her, but I was too quick. I pushed my hand against the door, stopping it from closing. She now had no where to go, so she had to take it back. I gave her a smirk.

"Okay okay I take it back," she said putting her hands up in defense. I took a step towards her, and she took one back. She then looked down at the floor.

"Luke why is there a giant puddle of water in your bathroom?"she asked raising her eyebrows.

"Oops," I said innocently, she laughed and pushed past me.

I followed her into my room, pulling my cut off t shirt over my head before leading her down into the kitchen. I was starving.

"Are you hungry? I can make you dinner."

"You cook?" she asked sarcastically.

"I made you pancakes yesterday morning," I exclaimed with a pout.

"That's true, what are my options Hemmings?"

"Let's see, cereal, pizza or mac and cheese," I said thinking of the short list of food I could make without burning the house down.

"I have too many options," she said teasingly, "But I think mac and cheese sounds good."

I stuck my tongue out at her sarcastic comment, before getting everything I needed out of the cupboards.

A few moments later, Bailey came up behind me and wrapped her arms around me.

"You look cute cooking," she said, making me smile.

"You always look cute," I said slyly.

Bailey gave me a big smile before sitting back down while I cooked us mac and cheese.

After it was done, I passed her a bowl and we made our way into the living room. I had turned on How I Met Your Mother, since that was our new routine. If we were just hanging out, we usually watched How I Met Your Mother since we both enjoyed it.

"I can't lie, that was really good," she said once we were finished.

"What say that again?" I asked with a smile. She pushed at my shoulder making me laugh.

"Shut up," she said playfully.

I took our bowls to the sink, and then walked back into the living room sitting on Bailey.

"Luke you're heavy," she said trying to push me off. I made no movement,
"Luke," she whined.

"Sorry I didn't see you there," I said teasingly. She gave me a pout and I got up and kissed her lips softly.

It was getting late, so Bailey and I decided it was time to call it a night I needed to drive her home.

We pulled into her driveway ten minutes later. I turned off my car and looked over at her.

"You're gonna come to our game again tomorrow, right?" I asked wanting to be able to look up in the stands and see her there, cheering me on.

"I wouldn't miss it," she said with a smile.
I leaned over and kissed her goodnight.

"Drive home safely," she smiled getting out of the car.

I yawned once I pulled open the door to my house, and made my way to my room. I pulled off my shirt, and crawled in to bed. I was exhausted.

I then pulled out my phone to text Bailey I had forgotten to tell her something I did every night,
*I forgot to say sweet dreams*

-
A/N

Gahhh I hate short chapters, but sometimes the fillers are necessary :-)

twiter: @procrashtonates