Chapter 39

"Tomorrows the day guys," Ashton said standing up from his drum kit. We had been doing a small amount of band practice for the last hour.

"Finally we can get the fuck out of high school," Michael said plopping onto the couch. We were finally graduating tomorrow. We had been rehearsing for the last week, and I had no clue graduating would be so exhausting. I was excited to graduate, but there was also a part of me that didn't know what was coming. Soon we were all going to be off on our own, who knows where each of us would end up.

"Did you guys decide on schools yet?" I asked as I took a swig out of my water bottle. I know each of the boys applied to school, but I wasn't sure if they had made a decision.

"I was thinking just sticking around for community college," Ashton shrugged. He was never into school. It wasn't that he got bad grades, he was just lazy and didn't really like it.

"I don't know, I got into Longwood. I don't wanna go to school but I might go and take one or two classes a week," Michael said. I was kind of surprised, Michael always had a hard time staying in school. I'm pretty sure he skipped more times than he could count. But I didn't doubt he wanted to go for the parties.

"I don't know, I got into a few places. I haven't thought about it," Calum answered. I knew they would all be unsure, they didn't have to make decision for another month, so of course they were going to wait until last minute.

After a little while more I looked up at the clock, I needed to head home. I said my goodbyes to the boys and made my way back to my apartment with Bailey.

"Hi babe," Bailey called over her shoulder from the living room when I walked into the door. She was cleaning the living room.

"Hi," I said walking up behind her and wrapping my arms around her. I had only been away from her for a few hours but I missed her already.

"Hi," she giggled and turned around in my arms so she was facing me. I took the chance to rub the sweat onto her cheeks. It was hot outside and I always sweat in Ashton's garage when we were playing.

"Luke! You're sweaty," Bailey yelled trying to break free from my grasp. I don't know why she tried, she knew I wasn't gonna let go.

After a few minutes I finally let her go and started laughing, "I hate you." she mumbled making me walk back over to her. I pulled her in by her waist and kissed her, knowing that was one of her weaknesses.

"No you don't." I mumbled against her lips. "I gotta shower, remember we're meeting my parents for pre-graduation dinner at 6," I smiled as I walked into our room. Bailey and Casey had decided to combine graduation parties tomorrow after we actually graduated, so my parents thought tonight would be the best to have dinner with us.

"Please put a towel on the floor, we don't need you getting water everywhere," Bailey called after me.

"Yeah, yeah," I said waving her off as I walked into the bathroom.

-

"Are you guys excited for tomorrow?" My mom asked us as we ate dinner at my favorite restaurant.

"Yeah, I'm so glad to be done with high school," I smiled.

"Me too, but at the same time it went by fast," Bailey said before taking a bite of her food.

"Time flies," Dad smiled. He always told me high school was gonna go by fast. He was generally right about it.

"How have you been feeling Bailey?" Mom asked switching topics. We had been so busy the last week, I know it was taking a toll on her. I was proud she stuck it out.